chapter 7

votes for the next chapter!
35 votes and 20 comments! I hope you enjoy ;)

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

                   Cregan Stark only remembers the one time when the castle was turned upside down searching for someone

                   Cregan Stark only remembers the one time when the castle was turned upside down searching for someone. It was years ago when he was still nothing but a young child of ten and one years of age. His sister, Sara has gone out to play with the stable boys as she always does. But it was different this time. Because this time she did not just come back with dirt lacing her clothes and her hair full of leaves from her playing time, no, she did not come back at all.

Cregan remembers how his father acted. How he was so sick with worrying, and ordered the whole castle, maids, and servants to search for his little girl. It did nothing to calm the jealously in his mother's heart then, knowing how his mother would so much prefer the bastard girl to be away from her family, and the home of the real Starks. However, Sara was still Rickon's daughter, and it made her Cregan's sister despite her carrying the name Snow. It did not matter to the young boy because he was also worried about his sister, just like his father.

Sara did not come home early that day because they sent out a search party to find the girl. And when they found her deep in the snow, unconscious due to how hard she tripped and hit her head on a rock, Rickon thanked every known God and held his daughter tightly in his arms. Cregan was thankful that they found his sister safe and sound, with only a small scratch on her left eyebrow and a few bruises that salve healed like magic.

Despite the young Lord's relief at finding his sister, he could not forget the panic he felt that time, nor how worried his father was about his young girl.

The same feelings have conjured again in Cregan's head right now. When a guard came to the Lord, with heavy breaths while carrying terrible news. Cregan has to admit he cared less about the princess' well-being. But the Lord had a great sense of responsibility and the princess will be his own soon, and that means she was under his responsibility to be cared for. It did not take long for the Lord to start panicking as he did years ago when his sister was lost. But the princess was not his sister, and Cregan was not her father as Rickon once was to Sara. He should not be feeling this immense worry and dread in his heart, which had also taken over his soul.

He felt his legs taking him outside the council room as he walked to the courtyard where more guards stood in a circle. The master of arms gathered more soldiers, asking if any of them had spotted the princess, but everyone shook their heads and did not provide the answer he sought.

"Where is she?" Cregan asked with outrage. While his words carried deep fury that made the surrounding men cower in fear, his face held an intense worry for the princess' safety. He could not fathom the trouble the princess could cause. She left the council meeting three hours ago and has not been seen by anyone since then.