chapter 4

Goals for the next update:
30 votes and 20 comments!

             Seven days passed since Rhaella has arrived in Winterfell

             Seven days passed since Rhaella has arrived in Winterfell. Her life has not been filled with much as she spent most of her days in her chambers, resting her still sore body and sleeping most of the time. The cold kept creeping into her body and the only warm place was her bed as the hearth kept flickering with fire all day.

Rhaella has not seen her dragon since her arrival, and Ser Edric came to see her in her chambers as she was drinking hot tea before the fire while Dyana announced his arrival at her door steps.

The loyal sworn knight entered with his usual white cloak and a shoulder dark fur coat that kept him warm. He was not wearing his armor of steel as the steel would do nothing but freeze him to death. He bowed his head and lifted his eyes to stare at the princess.

"I hope you are faring well here, my princess." He said, taking a few steps as he stood only before her.

"It is not so bad." Rhaella put down her cup of warm tea and focused on her knight. "Any news of Darkshadow?"

"The dragon has not been spotted in the skies or on the ground since your grace's arrival." Edric clasped his hands together on the hilt of his sword. "This did not ease the troubles of Lord Stark. He does not like the idea of the dragon roaming freely over the North and especially Winterfell."

Rhaella gave out a dark chuckle. "If I were in his place, I'd not like it either." She resumed her sipping on the tea, keeping her eyes on the fire that kept her room warm for her body. "He shall come around when I am in need of him." She added, not caring much about where her dragon went to. The bond between them was strong enough to summon him if she desired it here and now. However, Rhaella was still resting after the long flight and she was sure her dragon was doing the same. Sleeping, resting and hunting somewhere after flying for a long time with little breaks. She had no need of him at this time, and she shall leave him be as he desires.

Amber came into the room after knocking and bowing for the princess. Rhaella turned to look at her in confusion, Dyana was enough to serve her as she was used to the maid from the Red Keep, and she often found herself not needing Amber at all. It was a bit strange seeing her here now.

"Lord Stark wishes to dine with you today, your Grace. He sent me to fetch you to the dining room." Amber stated, keeping her eyes set on the princess who huffed out a breath and looked out at the window to check the time. The sun was going down and it was indeed time for her meal. However, she was annoyed that she had to face the man again after what took place in the feast a week ago. But there was no escaping it. She had to endure it all as long as she can.

Rhaella stood up, smoothing her corduroy black simple dress with its red cloak over her back. The princess was warmed enough and she did not need a coat or two layers dresses to wear. She nodded at the maid and went outside of the chamber as she was. Rhaella took down the stairs and the maid guided her to the dinning room where she saw a single large table in the middle with five chairs around it. Four servants were standing behind the chairs and the hearth was lit enough to cast its light and heat into the room.