chapter 8

.
votes for the next chapter!
40 votes and 25 comments! I hope you enjoy ;)
▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

votes for the next chapter! 40 votes and 25 comments! I hope you enjoy ;)▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

                  The hot spring under the Great Keep of Winterfell has its perks. The water in the spring was the most comfortable thing Rhaella has ever felt in this cold land. When she asked Amber about the famous springs of Winterfell, the maid was eager to be of service to her princess. She guided her to the spring which was only meant for the Stark family, knowing it to be wide with the biggest spring among the popular hot steaming places.

If Rhaella had not known better, she would have thought they were going through a cave of some sort. The maid pulled her into a narrow dark hallway with nothing but a few torches lit up on the wall as they passed them. There was a big wooden door at the end that was closed. The moment Amber neared it, she opened it for her princess, and Rhaella was welcomed by an intense warmth that made her eyes close in relief.

She wanted to enjoy the moment alone by herself so she dismissed the maid, telling her that she would find her way back towards the Great Keep. Amber bowed her head and left the place alone for her princess.

Rhaella inhaled deeply, finally feeling free since she arrived in Winterfell. The princess was stunned as she took a look around herself. The place was closed with only the door as a means to step out into the cold world. Before her, was a large circle of hot steaming water, with warm vapor coming out of it. It made the place emission with warmth, and allowed Rhaella to feel at ease away from the cold.

She took a few steps into the spacious room, looking at the spring with wonder. Rhaella noticed a few steps leading into the hot water, and she marveled at the structure of how this spring was carved, and the castle was built on it. She turned her head to stare at the door again, wondering if anyone would interrupt her. When she was sure she was alone, Rhaella began to untie her coat and cloak, letting the two heavy pieces of cloth fall to the ground. She took off her black dress, and then unclasped her thin shift, and took off her underclothes. The princess was comfortable enough to allow her eyes to close at ease. It was the first time she took a bath in Winterfell, and took off her clothes without feeling the cold biting at her body and skin. She unclasped the hair clasps and let her hair fall wildly over her shoulders.

The princess neared the few steps leading into the spring, she sighed in relief when her feet touched the warm water. A small smile graced her lips when the water reached her midsection with its perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. It made sense how this place was kept as a secret from the lords and ladies, only the Starks with their maids, and servants knew of its exact location and how to access it. Rhaella was thankful for Amber for the first time.

The princess let out a loud laugh when she felt all the water swallowing her whole body until only her head was left above the water. She felt her hair sway behind her back, as the warm water kept her body heated and allowed her to feel relaxed for the first time since her dragon landed her in Winterfell.