=01=

The heavenly court was in disarray when the 4 true gods sent a scroll announcing who the newly appointed Jade Emperor should be.

It was no secret that the previous Jade Emperor had passed away, and ever since then the heavenly court had been seeking a replacement for him since he didn't bear any children! It was a chaotic atmosphere indeed as they looked for a perfect fit in the heaven realm.

But it didn't come to their notice that the 4 true gods would step forward and appoint their choice. Because it was the tradition that the heavenly court would make the selection of any heavenly official and then bring the appointed forth to the 4 true gods for blessing.

But to their surprise, the 4 true gods had made their choice and sent an officially sealed scroll of it. They couldn't believe what they were hearing. They never imagined they'd take it up this time around and to make it all worse, They had appointed someone from the Fire Pavilion!

"How can we accept this? Fire pavilion? Someone from there can't sit on this throne as our jade emperor! It's truly atrocious!" One of the heavenly official cried out.

"Indeed! How can it even be considered? The fire pavilion has been known to be full of evil tricks and all and can never be trusted. Even if peace was made with them years ago, it still doesn't stop the fact that they can't be trusted. They could pull anything soon!"

"Yes! And crowning one of them as the jade emperor of the world? That's giving power to our doom!"

While the court cried out in disbelief of what was happening, The one sitting at the top seat said nothing.

The quiet man in a golden attire sat there while staring into thin air.

"Yuzhen? Yuzhen?" Another Called out to him before he came back to reality and looked.

"What are you thinking? Aren't you going to think of a way to stop this?" One stated. "We can't let this happen, something needs to be done. Be it talk to the 4 true gods or something.. we just can't. And you're the leader of the heavenly court. So you'll have to help us with it"

Yuzhen ran a hand through his chin while he thought "I've already thought of what to do"

All had their eyes on him. Curious.

"Really? What's it?"

"We're going to do nothing"

There was a long silence followed by some murmuring.

"What do you mean by that? How can we do nothing?" One questioned.

"We won't be rebelling against the 4 true god's decisions. That won't be wise of us. We'll only be seeking our doom. But instead, we should work our way to our advantage"

They murmured for some time "What do you mean then?" One inquired.

Yuzhen smiled "Let's ask The god of peace and war for a favour. We shall request that he helps keep an eye on the young man who was appointed. Help us investigate him secretly while claiming to "teach" him the ways of being an emperor" he smiled.

They discussed amongst themselves and found themselves nodding to the idea "Interesting.. I think I like this idea"

"We shall Investigate him and see what he could be up to. We can't take risks" one nodded.

"But then again..." Someone sighed "Are you sure we can use that .... god?"

"I thought as well. I mean.. is he even going to agree to it? We don't even see him at all ..he just stays there in his seclusion without coming out at all. He never accepts visitors neither does he comes out."