Chapter 27 - Regrets

JISOO's POV

I sighed heavily when I saw an empty table next to me. She's still not here. Maybe I'm just early. I hope I'm just early.

I tried calling Chaeyoung's phone and I even sent tons of messages but she never responded to any of them.

The moment I heard Irene's name from her mouth I froze.

It's been a month, a month of her not showing up to work.

Out of desperation I called Mr. Park earlier before going here at work. He apologized that his daughter didn't informed me but he said that she asked for a breather.

He mentioned that he felt something's bothering her daughter and even asked me if I have an idea. Of course I can't tell him what's happening so I lied saying not that I'm aware of. I lied again.

Since it's still early, I decided to go to her favorite café near our building.

I froze when I saw her car.

I was about to approach her but I stopped when I saw a guy that got out of her car then guided her out.

'What's Chanyeol's doing inside her car? Why they're together?'

I hold my chest when I felt something aching inside me.

'Are they back together?'

They both stopped when they saw me.

Despite wearing a shades, she still looks so beautiful.

'God! I miss her, I miss her so much. I don't know where I got enough self control not to run to her and pull her for a hug.'

"Ms. Kim." Chanyeol greeted.

I just nodded at him, my eyes fixed to her.m, whom I've been longing for.

She didn't bother to look at me or even greet me. She grabbed Chanyeol's wrist and pull him inside our building.

I clenched my teeth seeing that scene.

I sighed.

'It's my fault. I hurt her. I betrayed her trust.'

I decided to continue going to the café and bought her favorite coffee.

***

I approached Soojoo the moment I saw her.

"Soojoo? Do you know where Chaeyoung is?" I asked, when I returned and I didn't see Chaeyoung on her table. Her things are not there as well.

"Oh! If I'm not mistaken she requested to have her own room." She informed.

I gritted my teeth.

"Is there any problem?" She inquired maybe she noticed that I zoned out.

"Ah, nothing. Thank you." I said and smiled at her.

She nodded and bowed before leaving me there.

I find where her office is located only to see it's near Chanyeol's office.

Talk about luck huh?

But I should not concede. I'm Kim Jisoo. I can do it.

I gently knock on her office door.

"Come in." She stated.

When I came in, I saw Chanyeol comfortably seating in front of Chaeyoung's table. They're laughing.

You got to be kidding me.

"Err—Ms. Kim." Kai awkwardly said while standing.

I checked my watch.

"Aren't you busy? It's office hours already. The company's not paying you just to entertain someone." I coldly said.

He gritted his teeth but didn't respond.

He nodded after a while, bid his goodbye to Chaeyoung and bowed for the last time before leaving the two of us.

When I'm sure that door already closed, I walk near Chaeyoung.

"Chaeyoung?" I said gently.

"Anything I can do for you Ms. Kim?" She asked not looking at me but the papers in front of her.

"Can we talk?" I said nervously.

This time she looked up and met my eyes.

Her eyes glistening with tears.

"Lo-.."

"Don't you dare call me that! You want to talk? Fine. Let's talk." She blurted.

She get her phone and shoved it to me. I looked at it. "Go on! Look at all the pictures and now talk! Tell me what happened there? Tell me why didn't you tell me that? I asked you Jisoo! I asked you and even assured that you can be honest with me. But what did you do? You chose to lie. You chose to hide it from me!" She's now crying hard.

I run to her and cupped her face. She tried to removed my hands away from her but I hold her tight.

"No! No! Baby, please listen to me. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry I got scared. Please, please believe me when I tell you that I love you. I love you so much! I can't lose you okay?" I said desperately.

I'm now crying hard as well. She kept shaking her head as if she's not believing me at all. I kneeled and hug her waist. I look up at her. I know I look pathetic right now but I don't care anymore. I can't lose her.

"Princess please?" I sobbed hard.

We cried together.

"Let go of me Jisoo." She said after a while. Trying to remove my hands on her waist.

"No! I don't want to. I-I know if I did I'll forever regret it. I can't Chaeyoung, I just can't." I stubbornly said.

"Sometimes apologising is not enough Jisoo because even if you tell me how much you regret it. At the end of the day that won't erase the fact that you hurt me, that you ruined us."

"L-Let me fix this baby? I'll fix this. I'll fix us." I answered tightening my gripped to her waist.

"I did love you Sooya. Heck! I still even love you until now..."

I interrupted her.

"I love you too so much. Let me work on this." I said hoping.

"That's the case Jisoo, despite the love, I also felt betrayed. I-I don't want to tell it to you because I felt so happy for the first time in my life. I've never felt this to anyone. But I can't do this anymore."

I didn't realized that I let go her waist.

She wiped my tears, I'm still kneeling and I looked up at her.

"I loved you but you I can't do this.."

This can't be. I must be dreaming. I want to wake up now. I can't take this pain. My heart is breaking.

"C-Chaeyoung..."

My head is throbbing. It's throbbing as hell. These passed few days I didn't have enough sleep and rest. I buried myself at work to avoid thinking of her but when I got home I couldn't sleep. Even the sleeping pills are not working and now I feel all the pain and tiredness finally kicking in.

My eyes are about to close but before that I heard that someone barged in inside her office.

"Well hello there bitches!"

***

Hi guys! Apologies for not updating for so long. Life & work happens. And I almost forgot what the story was about so I have to re-read again. And sorry for any errors!

Here's an update. I'll try to finish this book as much as I can.

Thanks for your understanding!

***