Chapter 2

- Seven Months Later -

     I wake up to the annoying sound of my alarm clock; which is across the room. I get off my bed and turn off the alarm. Yawning and stretching, I look through my closet for my uniform and toss it onto my bed. I walk outside the room, walk into the kitchen area, and grab several pieces of bread. After putting them in the toaster, I walk into the bathroom and take a shower. ((Relatively quick cause Reader-chan doesn't have long hair. Or what's left of your hair, anyways.)).

     After getting out the shower and being dressed, the phone rings in my pocket. I look at the caller ID and see that it's Marion. Jeez, it's been a while since we last saw each other. They've stuck with me through a lot of rough times. They've been friends with me for only about a week before the day I barely remember. Their birthday party. Nobody has told me what happened. They said that I would just flip shit. I pick up the phone.

"Hey! (Y/N)! How's it going?" They literally yelled into my ear so loudly that I had to take the phone away from my head. I put the phone back in its original position.

"Uh... Fine! I got a job and a new apartment. Quite cheep paychecks, though. But livable." 

"Cool! Well, I'm moving out to Provo! Do you want to meet up sometime?"

"Sure! Look, I have to go to work. We'll talk later!" 

     I hang up and grab the toast and walk down the stairs to the lobby. I then start walking to the pizzeria. Opening the door, I see Chris is cleaning up some kids puke. Even though it's gross, I would take his job in a heartbeat. Walking past the Bosses door, I hear two voices. Only one of them is recognizable to me. I knock on the door and it opens. 

     Sitting in the chair in front of Mr. Anderson's desk was a guy. He has deep blue eyes, dark brown hair that looks almost black and has an unreadable expression. Who was he? A new employee?

"Who's this?" I look at Mr. Anderson.

"This is Mike Schmidt. He'll be your co-worker from now on," he says as he pulls me aside. He talks quietly now, "Listen. Make sure he lives. He's the only person that has wanted this job for a month. You hear me?"

     I nod. Mike gets up and walks towards the office and I follow. Seeing him go to the spinning chair, I race past him and sit in it before he could get to it.

"Really?" He asks.

"Yes, Really. This is my chair. You can sit on the desk."

He just stands there as the midnight bell rings. I grab the tablet and scroll through the cameras quickly and then shut it off. None of the animatronics have moved. Well, it is only Monday. Might as well teach Mike the basics while I can.

I sigh, all of my past co-workers reactions going through my head. "Okay Mike. There is a huge something that Boss doesn't let anyone put in the hiring ad. Now, if you want to run out as fast as you can after this shift, I won't hold it against you."

"And what is this "huge something" that you feel like you need to tell me?" He asks.

"You might not believe it until it happens, but the animatronics try to get in the office and drag you to the Parts and Service room to stuff you in an animatronic suit. We have to survive it," I wait to see his reaction.

He looks at me like I'm delusional. "You're joking, right? This is a family restaurant, after all."

     At that moment, a crashing sound comes from the kitchen. If only the camera worked there. I know it's Chica because she's the only one that goes in there. I look over at Mike and I could tell he was biting his lip. I check the the camera set on the stage and Bonnie and Chicago are gone. Quickly rolling to the left door in my chair, I hit the light button. Sure enough, Bonnie is right there.

     Mike jumps back as he sees the purple robot at the door. I quickly press the other button labeled "door" to close the entrance. Checking the camera again, I see Chica in the hallway, slowly creaking towards the office. Shit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, this was very delayed. I am so sorry. I was busy with sleepovers, school, homework, etc. But hey, Look on the bright side! I got Mike in! I'm trying not not make this escalate too quickly or too slowly. Aiming for in between. I'll try and get the next chapter to be longer.

~Aqua