Fly With Me: Part 5

Lydia's POV:

I can't find Bruno.

My heart is racing.

I feel nauseated.

Fear has stricken me and I can't breathe.

Where could he be?

I walk back into his room and sit on the bed. It smells like him....

And now that I think about it, I smell something else too.

Disinfectant.

I know that scent well, because its what I've lived with smelling in the lab my whole life.

And that could only mean one thing.

The scientists have been here. in this house. in Bruno's room.

They must have tracked me down, and took Bruno.

Oh god, I feel like emptying my stomach all over the floor.

I knew something like this would happen! I shouldn't have let myself get attached.

But Bruno was so friendly.....and generous....and he made me feel loved for once in my life.

I'm talking past tense as if he's already dead!

He could be....you know what they're capable of..... The voice in my head tells me.

Shut up! I tell it. He can't be. He just can't.

This is all my fault! I cry into Bruno's pillow, not knowing what to do now.

What have they done with him? What if they do kill him for knowing too much?

Why do I always have to screw things up?!

But I know one thing, sitting around crying isn't going to solve my problems.

I have to try and save him.

It may very well cost me my freedom again, or even worse....my life.

But I have to risk it for him. I have to at least try.

I get up, unfurl my wings, hop out the window, and ascend into the sky.

I know exactly where they took him. The same place I've had to spend my whole life imprisoned as some sort of test subject. Just the thought of having to go back there makes me want to throw up. But I know it's the only way to get Bruno back.

It's going to take a while to get there too. I hope I make it there in time. And even if I do make it there in time, I have no idea how the heck I'm supposed to get him outta there with all that high tech security.

I barely made it out of there once!

The chances of getting out again are next to none.....

Bruno's POV:

I'm bloody and bruised.

I can't even see out of my left eye anymore because its swollen shut.

Every time they ask the same question. And every time I give them the same answer.

Every time thats when a new wave of pain crashes through me.

Although i think they've gotten tired of the same charade. They want to amp it up a notch.

A deadly notch.

From my bounded chair, I am released. Only to be pushed into a glass tank, and sealed inside.

I can barely stand.

I cant even see.

I don't know what this thing does.

I still don't know where Lydia is.

a sound rings in my ears, similar to a sink being turned on.

Then i feel it on my feet, through my shoes.

Water.

It starts pouring into the tank.

It's slowly creeping to my ankles.

That's when I feel panic setting in. I bang on the glass like a weakling uselessly. But this is no ordinary glass. It's tough.

"Let me out! I swear I don't know anything! You can't let me drown!" I yell, followed by coughing. My wind pipe hurts from the bash I took earlier. Faintly I wonder if I get out of this, will my vocal chords no longer produce the voice I've made my living off of?

They ignore my pleads. There's nothing I can do because they still believe I know something. Or maybe, they're just doing this for entertainment.

I'm up to my knees in water now.

"I'll ask you one last time, Mr. Hernandez.
Where.
Is.
The.
Experiment?" The scientist asks.

I stay silent, focusing on my breathing. I know my answer is no good. But it's all I can give. It's the truth.

"I....don't....know." I say hopelessly.

"Wrong answer again, I'm afraid." He says.

The tank has filled up to my waist.

"I suggest cooperating with us, Mr. Hernandez. You're running out of time." He says coldly.

Then the door to the room opens, and one of those goons steps in. "Dr. Cable we've got an unidentified signal on our home base scanner." He says.

"Well what are you doing here? We need to find out what it is you idiot!" He says.

Dr. Cable turns to me. "I'm afraid this is the end of the line. Enjoy your last few moments while you can." He smirks at me. Then both of them rush out, leaving me here.

To die.

"No, no, no, no." I repeat over again, tears blurring my already damaged vision.

I'm practically swimming now with the water at my chest.

I just had to be short didn't I? if i was taller, I would have more time.

Like it matters though.

I keep banging on the glass even though I know it's no use.

My mind keeps wandering to the mysterious girl. I guess i'll never know her story.

Lydia......

I take a deep breath as the water surpasses my mouth.

I will hold out for as long as I can, clinging to the fading hope I have of getting out of this.

I say a silent prayer to everyone I love. Family, friends, hooligans....

Please forgive me.

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

Authors Note:

Hey y'all! its sure been awhile, huh?

Please please if you are reading this, comment!!! I really need some feedback in order to keep posting. What do you think so far?

I want this story to be just as successful if not more than Make A Wish.

But if this sucks and you don't like it then don't comment. I can take a hint, an I guess I'll delete it if that's the case.

I love you guys am I will update more often if I see some more positive feedback!

~Ijustlove_brunomars 💕