The real plot🦋

"Emra has been manipulating everything, controlling lives to fulfill her dark ambitions. Her goal is to take over the downworld, to bend it to her will.”

Taehyung’s gaze pierced through me, a storm brewing behind his eyes.

I could feel the weight of what he was about to tell me, but I wasn’t prepared for the depth of it.

He shifted slightly, the air between us thick with tension.

he began, his voice low, almost as if he were afraid of the words

“you need to know everything Tamrah ”

I stayed silent, my heart pounding, bracing myself.

“Emra... has been practicing witchcraft since she was 19. It started innocently enough—her obsession was with beauty, staying young forever. But her greed grew. She wanted more: fame, money, power. She got involved in dark rituals... even crimes.”

The room felt colder with each word he spoke. My hands trembled slightly in my lap as he continued.

“She married a man—my father—but killed him as a sacrifice. What she didn’t realize was that she was pregnant with me at the time. When I was born, she planned to sacrifice me too. But when she saw me, something changed. She saw potential. Instead of killing me, she kept me alive, to use me.”

I blinked, my mind spinning. Taehyung, a pawn in his mother’s twisted game?

“She raised me to be her puppet,” he continued, his voice tightening with bitterness.

“Controlled me. Beat me when I didn’t obey, but loved me when she needed me for her spells. She’d put me in trances, made me do things I wasn’t even aware of. And when I tried to break free, she’d erase my memories. Repeatedly.”

I felt a cold shiver crawl up my spine.

“The only thing that kept me sane was painting. I didn’t know it back then, but every time I painted, I was painting you, Tamrah. Even before I met you, I dreamed of you. You were the only thing in my life that brought me comfort, that gave me hope.”

I stared at him, my mind reeling. How could he have known?

I could imagine his slender fingers holding brushes, stroking , filling details of my imperfect appearance that somehow wasn't ordinary to him.

“And then, when I turned 17, she forced me into one of her rituals,” he said, his voice dropping to a near whisper.

“She made me lure an 18-year-old girl into her trap. Emra killed her in front of me. That girl... she’s the same one from the article Yeonjun found.”

I gasped, my stomach churning.

“She erased my memories after that too, wiping away the horror and turning me into someone else. Every time she did it, she took a piece of me. She made me into something I wasn’t.”

My chest tightened with fear and sympathy. I could see the pain etched on his face.

“But then you came into my life, Tamrah. You were different. You brought me back. I don’t know how, but something about you broke through her spell.”

I wanted to reach out, to hold him, but I stayed frozen in place.

“There’s more,” he said, his gaze locked on mine.

“Emra’s been watching you. From the moment she walked into college, she marked you. The kiss on your lips that day?  I know about it too, That was her claim on you. She’s been planning this for a long time, and now you’re just two days away from her final ritual. She needs you, Tamrah. You’re her ultimate sacrifice. With your death, she’ll gain enough power to rule the Downworld.”