Too Fast?

Liora stood before the mirror, adjusting her hair and taking in the transformation that Clarissa had orchestrated. Gone was the shy, plain girl; in her place was Aurelia—vibrant, alluring, and entirely different. The sleek, fitted dress accentuated her curves, the deep crimson hue contrasting beautifully with her pale skin. Her hair fell in soft waves, framing her face, and her makeup was bold yet sophisticated, highlighting her striking features. Yet, beneath the surface of her glamorous exterior lay a whirlwind of anxiety. Liora couldn't let Clarissa catch a glimpse of her true self; Aurelia needed to be a secret, a perfect disguise to manipulate Nathaniel without raising any suspicions.

As she entered the party, the pulsating music and laughter enveloped her, but all she could focus on was her mission. She needed to find out who Azazel was bringing to the gathering. The mere thought of it twisted her stomach into knots. Her gaze swept the room until it landed on Nathaniel, who was scanning the crowd, his expression lighting up when he spotted her.

"Aurelia!" he exclaimed, practically bounding over. His eyes widened, taking in her appearance, a boyish grin spreading across his face. "Wow, you look incredible!"

Liora smiled, her heart fluttering at the attention. "Thanks, Nathaniel. You don't look too shabby yourself," she teased, leaning in to plant a soft kiss on his cheek. His cheeks flushed with delight, and Liora reveled in the power she held over him.

"Want to grab a drink?" he asked, his eyes sparkling with admiration.

"Sure!" she replied, keeping her voice playful. But as they made their way to the kitchen, her mind raced with thoughts of Azazel and the mysterious woman who had captivated him.

The night went on with buzzing music, absolute loud kids having fun and drinking. Even in soo much crowd and people, with a really handsome man talking to her non stop, her eyes searched for one man.

Nathaniel talked about his life, his parents, his football career... everything. Liora had to find a way to get him loose and talk about Azazel.

Inside the kitchen, laughter and chatter filled the air, but Liora's heart sank when she heard a familiar voice. "Hey, look who it is!" Clarissa called out, swaying slightly with a drink in hand. Her cheeks were flushed from alcohol, and her eyes sparkled with mischief. "Come have a drink with us!"

Liora hesitated but couldn't refuse without raising suspicion. "Okay, just one," she said, forcing a smile.

Clarissa cheered as she poured Liora a drink. It was sweet and fruity, almost too easy to consume. The laughter around her felt intoxicating, and Liora found herself loosening up, chatting and joking with the group. But as the drinks flowed—three, four, five—her head began to spin.

"Just one more!" Clarissa insisted, handing Liora another cup. Liora took a sip, the warmth spreading through her, but her inhibitions began to fade.

As she stepped out of the kitchen, she spotted Nathaniel across the room, and for a moment, the world blurred around her. He looked so handsome in his fitted shirt, the way he leaned against the wall effortlessly. But just as quickly, a chill ran down her spine as she caught sight of Azazel.

He stood across the room, a tall figure with an air of confidence that seemed to draw everyone's attention. His dark hair was slightly tousled, and his sharp jawline caught the light, emphasizing his striking features. He wore a fitted black t-shirt that clung to his toned physique, making him look even more alluring. But what caught her eye was the girl beside him, her silhouette curvy and captivating, though Liora couldn't see her face.

Panic surged within her. "I need a drink," she muttered to herself, her heart racing. She couldn't let Nathaniel see her weakness, not when she needed him to forget about Clarissa and focus on Aurelia instead.

Excusing herself, Liora stumbled towards the kitchen, desperately searching for another drink to numb her growing jealousy. She spotted a group of guys laughing, their voices overlapping in a cacophony of noise.

"Hey, Azazel!" one of them shouted, and her heart sank. She had to get closer, had to see who this girl was. But as she approached, the room spun, and her vision blurred.

Just then, Nathaniel appeared at her side, a concerned expression crossing his face. "Are you okay?" he asked, his tone genuine.

"I'm fine, just...need some air," she replied, forcing a smile.

"Let me help you," he offered, guiding her toward a quieter space. Liora could barely comprehend the world around her, her thoughts tangled in confusion and jealousy.

In an empty room, Nathaniel sat her down on a soft couch. "Stay here; I'll get you some water," he said, his voice warm and reassuring. As he walked away, Liora felt the effects of the alcohol wash over her, and before she knew it, the darkness enveloped her.

—-

When sunlight streamed through the window, Liora stirred, groggy and disoriented. She blinked against the brightness, confusion setting in. She shifted slightly, and a hard surface beneath her caught her attention.

As she turned her head, her heart dropped. There, beside her, lay Azazel—naked, his skin glowing in the soft light, the peaceful expression on his face both enchanting and terrifying. Panic shot through her. What had happened?

"No, no, no!" she whispered, scrambling to gather her clothes scattered across the floor. Her mind raced as fragments of the night flickered in and out of focus. The drinks, the laughter, the warmth of Nathaniel beside her—it all felt like a dream gone wrong.

She couldn't be here. She couldn't face him like this, not after everything. Her heart pounded as she pulled on her clothes, her breath coming in shallow gasps.

Liora bolted from the room, her heart racing. She had to escape, to get away from this madness before it consumed her entirely. As she ran down the hallway, her thoughts spun out of control—how could she ever explain this?

Outside, the cool air and bright sun hit her face, grounding her momentarily. But the weight of the situation crashed down on her. She had crossed a line she never intended to, and now, everything felt irreparably changed.

All she wanted was to make Azazel hers, but now she was running away from the very thing she craved. As she dashed away from the party, her mind screamed with regret and longing, the chaos of the night replaying in her head like a haunting melody.