Part 70

Akshara and Abhimanyu came out of the restaurant to leave for the home. Akshara was driving while Abhimanyu was sitting on the passenger seat. Akshara parked the car in a fast food outlet's drive thru. 

Abhi - You are still hungry.

Akshara - No, i am going to grab coffees for us, any preferences? 

Abhi - Oh, I will take whatever you are having. 

Akshara ordered the coffees and within minutes they got their order and she again started driving. 

Abhi - As far as I remember this is not our way home. 

Akshara - No, it's not.

Abhi - So, where are you taking me?

Akshara (rolled her eyes) - Not going to kidnap you, you know. 

Abhi - I won't mind getting kidnapped by you. 

Akshara - Choose your words wisely Dr. Birla, I can arrange that actually. 

Abhi - Seriously? 

Akshara - Nah, I will probably save my ears from the torture your mother is going to put me through.

Akshara parked the car at the banks of Ambrai ghat and got out of the car.

Abhi - Oh, it's been years I visited this place.

Akshara - Why didn't you came here? I mean it is so peaceful specially in night. 

She stepped down to sit on the stairs  while Abhimanyu followed her and sat down beside her doing the same. 

Ab (shook his head) - I realised my peace doesn't lie in places it lies in you. And nothing makes me at peace if you are not in front of me. 

Akshara  - Should have stopped me then.

Abhi - I wish, I had but now you are here, I am not letting you go ever. I have my priorities sorted.

Akshara - What if I don't prioritize you?

Abhi - I am not worried about that. 

Akshara - Huh ?

Abhi (stared into her eyes) - Love is unconditional Akshara. I love you and i don't care about all this now. All i care about is you and Abhir remain safe and loved. That's it. 

Akshara - So you don't want me to reciprocate your love?

Abhi - I didn't say that. Beside you already do.

AKshara (stared right into his eyes) - How are you so sure? 

Abhi - Eyes don't lie, my love. 

Akshara didn't replied and sipped her coffee while smiling and turning her gaze towards the water.