Chapter 6

(A/N) I know I haven’t updated in a long time, so I tried to make this one a tiny bit longer, loves! Dedicated to the lovely @dreamcather68 for being here for me when the first chapter was uploaded. 

I woke up, still in a haze, my eyesight blurry. I moaned a little, and that was when I realized that Austin was right next to me. He was still asleep, but his arm was laid across my waist, and I felt like if I moved then he would wake up, and he looked so tired. I was still processing what was happening, when I remembered what had happened with Anthony. My body involuntarily straight shot up, and Austin jolted right up beside me.

“What happened? Are you okay?”

I nodded my head, implying a yes.

It’s been hard with Austin, and me not being able to talk very clearly.

“You remember what happened yesterday, don’t you?”

I nodded again. And then I realized, Austin was sleeping in my bed. My eyes widened to the size of golf balls, and pushed him off, which was actually quite easy. I’m not strong or anything, and he’s pretty heavy, but I had just caught him off guard.

“Ow!” He reappeared a second later, rubbing his shoulder. “What the hell was that for?”

I looked down awkwardly, unsure of how to tell him that he had slept in my bed the whole night with me in it.

He looked at me expectantly, waiting for an answer. I grabbed the pen that was on my nightstand and a piece of tissue paper, and wrote, “u slept in my bed w/ me the whole nite?!?!”

I handed it to him, and he smirked once he read it.

“Is there a problem with that?”

Psh, there’s absolutely no problem when a guy that you’ve just technically met sleeps in your bed with you!

I rolled my eyes and got up from where I was sitting. I needed to get him out of here before my parents realized that he was here. Looking around my room for a way for him to escape, my eyes locked on the window. I opened it enough so that he could fit in there and jump out. I’d never done it before, but surely he had.

I pointed at him, then the window, and then down at my front yard.

“Oh hoho, you want me to jump out of your window? Which, might I add is two storied above the ground? It’s not like I haven’t done it before, but why should I?”

Now he was just being cocky. I rolled my eyes again and began to think of a reason he should. Maybe so my parents wouldn’t catch him and then ground me for the rest of my life?

He realized my silence, and then walked over to me. With his hand on my shoulder, he used his other hand to lift up my chin so that I was looking at him in the eye. He was actually really tall, at least taller than I am. I’m around 5’4’’, so he’s probably around 5’9’’ or 5’10’’?

“Are you okay? From last night?”

I looked into his eyes and shook my head. My eyes began to water, and then the silent sobs came. When Austin had come in to save me, I was shaking. Anthony was bleeding and, wait, where was Anthony??

Austin must’ve noticed the concern look in my eyes, and said, “I dropped him off at the hospital. He should be fine. I also cleaned the blood off your carpet. The things that bleach can do.”

With that, he gave me a peck on my forehead, flashed me his famous side grin, and hopped out my window. I ran over to the window, and watched him run off to wherever he was headed.

I seriously needed to change now. I brushed my teeth and washed my face with some stuff from LUSH, a new store that had just opened up at the mall. I took a long, 30 minute shower, to get the feel of Anthony off my body, and I still felt icky from sleeping in my regular clothes.

I chose a white lightly laced blouse with a brown belt, and a pair of leggings. I wasn’t going out today, so might as well get comfortable. It was a Saturday, and it was going to be a lazy Saturday. Was, I said.

I went downstairs to get some breakfast, and I saw my parents on the couch watching the news.

“Hey sweetie,” my mom said while signing. That was her thing. Even though she knows that I can hear perfectly fine, she signs everything. She says that “learning a new language youthens the mind.” Whatever.

I smiled and signed a quick “hi” before turning my attention at the cabinets. My dad was too concentrated listening to the news to say anything, but he wasn’t being rude. It must’ve either been something really important or he was just waiting for the Sports section to go on.

“What’s Dad watching?” I asked, using my right hand while my left hand was getting a bowl and a spoon for my Lucky Charms.

“Oh, didn’t you hear? That kid, Anthony, isn’t he going out with Haven? Yeah, he was found at a hospital late last night. He died in the ER later on. There’s this huge investigation going on. There’s no bullet wounds or anything, only bruises. Whoever did this must’ve been a really good puncher.” She went back to the couch to continue watching the news.

I dropped my bowl and spoon, and the glass bowl shattered into a million pieces.

Both my parents turned around to look at me, and they both got up.

“What happened sweetie?” My dad asked. I looked at both of them, they both had concerned looks on their faces. “Here, we’ll clean this up. Go get another spoon and bowl and eat your breakfast near the TV.”

“You should go text Haven later and see if she needs some comfort,” my mom suggested.

I got my Lucky Charms and headed over to the couch. I turned the volume up so I could hear better, and my eyes became glued to the TV.

“Reporters say that 18-year-old Anthony Bell was left at the Recence Hospital late last night, around 11:30pm. An employee found him laying on the ground and bleeding. They did a full body exam, and he died in the early morning, around 3:15am. The parents have been notified, and so has the school he attended. Bell was a deaf senior student at The School for Deaf and Mute along Jared Rd. and Hellsburg St.

The autopsy (A/N for those of you who don’t know what an autopsy is, it’s a test done by surgeons to find out why a person died) on Bell is being performed later today, but officials say that there were bruises and cut marks found on his body. Doctors have said that he most likely died from internal bleeding, but more information will be revealed as the case progresses.

Next in is a wild fire on...”

By that time, I had realized that my bowl was empty and I was eating air. I got up to go put it in the dishwasher, and then walked up to my room to text Haven.

(Olivia’s Mom’s POV)

Olivia had been acting strange all morning. First, she comes downstairs at 10:45am, and she’s always been an early riser. Then, she drops her bowl on the kitchen floor. She’s not usually clumsy, so I have no idea what’s gotten into her. She was so into the News report this morning, but that’s only probably because Anthony was a classmate. I heard he was also recently going out with Haven, but I’m not sure if that was it.

(A/N) Good? Yes? No? Tell me what you think in the comments. And don’t forget to vote. What do you think is going to happen next?