Boys are cuties, girls have cooties

~Sloane~

"You're the only one in town," Nik chuckled

"You're the only one in town," Nik chuckled. I nodded my head. Aly is auditioning in LA until tomorrow, Inessa is filming in Santa Monica, and Val is in LA filming Agents of Shield. "Let's go," he said, "I don't want to annoy Abby by being late." I chuckled as I grabbed my bag and walked to the car, my legs were still slightly sore from Ludmilla's conditioning and technique class last night, Val was not joking about that.

The drive was almost silent, and stepping out was even worse. "I'll pick you up at ten, text me if it goes later," he said. "Will do," I nodded. My mother is still busy, she's moved from working in Thailand to working in Syria and she took my brother with her. Abby wasn't at the front when I came into the studio, it was just Jeff, who insisted on me doing an interview.

(Sloane: I'm kinda nervous about pyramid because my solo was third and the group was fourth so I know Miss Abby will not be happy)

We all walked into pyramid silently. Abby said nothing, the moms said nothing, the crew said nothing, so we said nothing. It was just dark awkward silence. "I just want a look at what fourth place looks like," Abby said in her slightly raspy voice. "This weekend we will be traveling to Voorhees, New Jersey, we will be attending Onstage America, I don't wanna be fourth again," Abby said. I nodded my head. Fourth place is not okay, not for the ALDC, not for the Junior Elite Competition Team, not for me.

"On the bottom, Mackenzie, you will not be performing in the group routine this weekend," Abby said, "Next, Maddie," I almost gasped, "at nationals you were amazing, just as good as Chloe, but Chloe won and ever since then," she shrugged. At least the moms should be happy. "Next, Inessa, Sloane please let her know and tell her I'm done giving her cute little kid dances, she's almost nine years old there is no excuse," Abby ranted despite Inessa not being in the room. Next was Paige, then me. "Sloane, you placed third, you should always be first or second, I don't care that it's a lyrical dance, you are the best dancer in this room right now, figure it out!" Abby shouted. I winced, the moms won't like that. Plus, I've always thought Brooke was the best.

"Nia you're doing fine, but I fine gonna make you a star?" Abby asked, "Kendall, you didn't pull my eyes in a negative way, you actually pulled them in a positive way, when I don't say your name, and I stop yelling at you, get worried," Abby said, "Chloe, I thought you looked great, it was good, was it exactly what you're supposed to do? No," she continued. Next was Aly because a single tenth of a point is not good enough. Next was Sandy who Abby said has to win, and nobody was on top, Brooke didn't make the pyramid.

Nobody
Aleks Alyona
Chloe Kendall Nia
Sloane Paige Ina Maddie Kenz

Abby and Kelly fought because Abby doesn't think Brooke wants to be here. I know she does, she's just not a very expressive person. Our group this week in Pink Lemonade and everyone is in it, then Kendall, Nia, Chloe, Sandy, and I have solos. Nia's is called 'a hundred years from now,' Kendall's is 'owe you nothing,' Sandy's is called 'King of New York,' Chloe's is a contemporary dance called 'Left in the Dark,' and mine is called, 'Homecoming.' Abby then said that our group dance was using hats as props and if we drop them then we're off the team, everyone except me was laughing. She's probably joking, but if she was joking she'd be laughing too. I looked Abby right in the eye, not even a hint of a smile graced her face. She's not joking.