Chapter 1: An Awakening Journey from the Start

The late summer in the northern hemisphere of Cobalt Star is unbearably hot and dry.

The air in Marina City was filled with the scent of an impending summer storm.

In the indoor basketball court, the sound of sneakers squeaking against the floor was incessant.

Fenix threw the basketball aside and plopped down onto the adjacent rest chair.

As soon as he sat down, he was hit by a suffocating stench.

Turning his head, he saw that it was indeed the sneakers his roommates had carelessly tossed aside.

Damn.

It really stinks.

Fenix kicked those smelly shoes away with one foot, and it took a while before he felt he could breathe properly again.

Fenix has felt a bit off lately.

Initially, he noticed that his strength had increased, his running speed had become faster, and his stamina had improved.

This was originally a good thing.

But what followed was a prolonged period of fine, dense pain.

There isn't a single part of his body that feels comfortable now. If he had to describe it, it's like pain seeping out from the very bones.

The pain is unbearable.

He also feels very sleepy.

And he always feels like he isn't getting enough to eat.

But that wasn't all.

What affected his quality of life the most was the sudden realization that his three roommates were all smelly men.

Literally.

Smelly, men.

Fenix wondered if he had suddenly developed a compulsion for cleanliness.

After all, he used to be the same as his roommates and didn't find them smelly.

Something must be wrong.

Fenix twisted open the water bottle, took a sip of water, and saw Lancelot burst into the basketball court like a gust of wind, rushing to him with four tickets in hand, emitting a chicken-like cry that echoed through the basketball court.

"Brothers! I got tickets for the Athena Marina City concert!!!"

The entire basketball court suddenly fell silent, followed by several exclamations of surprise.

Alfred and Derek rushed over, and the three men gathered around Fenix, holding the four concert tickets in front of him, looking like monkeys presenting Simba to the crowd.

Alfred: "Lancelot Bro is awesome!"

Derek: "Lancelot Bro is a god!"

Three heads turned in unison toward Fenix.

Fenix, mercilessly: "No way."

Lancelot tried to emphasize, "Fenny, this is Athena's concert!"

Athena is an Awakened.

While Awakened individuals are quite precious, they aren't particularly rare. But Athena is different.

Among the common species of Awakened individuals, she awakened into something unique.

She awakened into a mermaid.

The only fantasy species in the entire galaxy.

This awe-inspiring intergalactic idol divided Awakened individuals into fantasy species and ordinary species.