Chapter 20: Something's Up

Something's up.

This is definitely something!

The fleet captain's senses were extremely sharp.

Who had ever seen Lion act so gently?

Who had ever seen Lion act so considerately?

Who had ever seen Lion refer to someone as a delicate flower and a cozy nest?!

Who had seen that??

Grass.

I saw it.

The fleet captain felt his breath freeze.

He quietly narrowed the camera angle and carefully examined the little kitten that Lion was holding by its tail, its face still full of shock.

It was a long-haired cat, white, with a mane around its neck, the tips of which had a hint of golden-red, not very noticeable.

If it weren't for the fleet captain's awakened form being an owl, it would have been hard to spot the difference under the night sky.

From the front, this little kitten looked like a cute miniature lion.

This cat seemed young, still retaining the fluffy soft fur of a kitten.

...Wait.

Is it still shedding its coat?

The fleet captain drew a sharp breath and asked, "Boss, is this a newly awakened kid?"

Lion casually nodded.

The fleet captain was silent for a moment before he couldn't help but show an expression of disbelief.

Lion could guess what he was thinking, but he wasn't going to explain.

Cases like Fenix, awakening as an adult, were exceedingly rare, and the fewer people who knew, the better.

"Boss, Raven seems to have located you. Do you need me to..."

Lion: "No need to come."

After coldly rejecting his fleet captain, Lion looked down at Fenix, who was still stunned, and lightly touched his head with his paw.

Fenix's head shook from the touch. He looked up at Lion, completely dazed.

He was really scared.

Lion simply picked up the cat and took him back inside.

Fenix was placed on the sofa, and the robot butler brought him a cup of warm milk to calm him down.

Fenix mechanically lowered his head to lick the milk, halfway through letting out a burp, finally coming back to his senses.

Grass.

Grass!!

Grass!!!

I almost died of fright!!!

Falling from the middle of nowhere, thinking I was going to meet my maker!

Fenix's scalp tingled as he turned to look at Lion sitting beside him.

Lion noticed the movement and closed the page of myths and legends he was reading, turning to look at Fenix: "Back to your senses?"

Fenix typed: "Yes."

Lion: "Since I caught you, you need a bath."

Fenix slumped even lower.

Being a cat is hard.

Cats falling from high places usually land perfectly on their feet, right?

Why not Fenix?!

Isn't it supposed to be instinct?!