this is it

Reece brought Marj into a tight hug, letting her sob into his shoulder. She was devastated.
"It's ok." He comforted her.
She cried even more. This was it. She let go of Reece and carefully packed the documents up into a box. She tore the children's artwork down, revealing a white pasty wall. The room, which was once cheerful and full of colour, was now lifeless and dull. Just looking around made her whole body feel numb. There was a gentle knock at the door.
"Come in.." Marjorie murmered, straightening herself up and wiping away her tears. The door crept open, and Char stepped in. Her face was red, her eyes puffy. You could tell she'd been crying.
"I'll leave you 2 to it." Reece slipped out of the room
Char immediately ran over to marjorie and pulled her into a warm embrace.
"Oh Char.." Marjorie muttered
She could tell that's all Char needed in that moment. A hug. Char let go
"I need to pack up." She sighed, turning around and walking out of the room. Suddenly, Autumn had appeared in the doorway.
"Come here," She gestured to Marjorie. She then pulled Marjorie into a huge hug. Autumn wasn't much of a hugger. This made Marj feel special. As aut helped, pack everything away, Marjorie just stood there, tears rolling down her face.
"Right, that's it," Autumn said.
She wasn't a crier. She never cried.
She wanted to stop herself, but she just couldn't. 'This is it,' she thought
She grabbed her bat, gripping it tightly. This is the place where she met her life-long best friend. The place she met the love of her life. The place she became the better version of herself. The place she made up with her brother. It held so many memories. But that's all they were. Memories. That's all they ever will be. Memories. She couldn't deny it any longer. She felt the moist, hot tears trickle down her face. She was a mess. Marjorie looked at her thoughtfully. Aut grabbed her bag and left without saying a word.
Everyone was gone. All outside, just waiting for Marj. She decided to take one last walk around the building she loved so much. She took the key to the office out of her pocket and locked the door for the last time. She remembered unlocking it for the first time, being so excited to finally have her own space. She looked into the preschool room, which Sorscha had already locked up. Deserted tables and chairs lay still, knowing they'll never be used again. The peeling, peach paint had been revealed from where the children's artwork had once hung. The Toddler room was next. The only thing left in there was the bright, rainbow rug. She knew that rug brought so much joy to Charlotte. She knew this room had brought so much joy to Charlotte. Everything about it, Char loved it. She took a quick glance into the baby room and saw cots that lay still and alone in the sleep room. The kitchen looked the same. She knew this was it now. She walked slowly into the reception where Agathas desk once laid. It was gone. Agatha had only been her for a few months and was now being moved over somewhere completely new! She saw everyone standing outside.
"Hurry up, will you??" It was Mia.
"Amelia! Be nice. " Char scolded her
"Sorry, sweetheart," Mia replied.
Marjorie made her way out the big double doors. She looked around. Char and Carly were hugging each other. Sorscha stood silently by Clodagh and Quinn. Mia stood by Char, her lips in that shape they always were with her hands on her hips. Roger and siobhan stood there tall and proud as they always did. Autumn and winter were holding hands, anxiously waiting. Reece stood alone watching marjorie as she took the key from her pocket. She put the key into the lock and turned it *click* This is it. The door was forever locked. She remembered locking it for the first time feeling proud. She was now locking it for the last feeling distraught. Slowly she walked over and shakily handed the key to Roger. "Goodbye..." she whispered
'Forever locked' she thought.