Chapter 1: You Do It On Purpose.

Previously:

... We talk for a while longer exchange pleasantry's and I tell him to "get some fuckin' sleep dumbass." Then we end the call as I pull out of the parking lot in the rental car....

>>>>>>>>>>>>><><><><<<<<<<<<<<<<

As I'm driving down highway 43 I have the radio blaring country music. My favorite song "Carried Away by George Straight" comes on the radio. Suddenly, as I'm merging onto highway 70 blue and orange lights come on behind me. "Shit." I mumble. "I wasn't speeding..." I pull over as one does and a man that's dressed in a black detective like suit and tie, approaches my window. I roll it down as you're supposed to.

"Hello officer sir... did I do something wrong?" I asked confused my brows furrowing.

"Ma'am are you aware that this vehicle is stolen." He states bluntly not even asking.

"Um no sir I rented it before I left Greenville, I'm on my way to an interview." I reply respectfully and genuinely confused.

"Step out of the vehicle please ma'am." He says. His dark mysterious brown eyes clicked a button in me and I knew something was off.

I fiddled with the keys turning the car off I hit the button on my phone discretely notifying my brother and my roommate I was in trouble. Oh crap, he noticed. That's not gonna end well. The voice in my head narrates.

"What did you just do?" He asks sounding like he was getting a bit angry.

"Nothing" I stick to my words hoping it seems bona fide. I'm a good liar and I know it... why else would shield hire me. I've got military experience and I'm a in college 5 years later than usual, I'm a perfect undercover agent...

END FLASHBACK____:

————————————————————————

Little did I know he was also an agent, and I was being taken in for a top secret level 7 debrief and test. As I was in the interrogation room he played the CIA card, which I could see through from the jump. Yet. I decided to act like a dumb pretty brunette with big boobs and sex drive. It seemed to work. Until it didn't.

"You can drop the act Shepherd." A dark familiar voice says. He doesn't sound the same.... That's Grants voice but he's-

"It was a Sheild test?..." I murmur.

"Yes Brianna. And you won, you aced it." He says his voice gentler. He recruited me for shield while I was over in Afghanistan after claiming to be black ops and pulling me out of a cellar after being kidnapped and tortured by extremists.

"Grant..?" I ask questioning the validity of who the man before me is. He presses a button on his nano-mask and pulls it off revealing the man I remember. I smile slightly and blushing remembering the night we shared those mere years ago.

A few hours passed and we talked like we'd never been apart and soon I realized I had missed my interview. "SHIT!" I yelled suddenly jumping up and grabbing my stuff. "I missed my interview, I have to go." I state quickly getting ready to run out the door. However my endeavor is stopped short when he grabs my bicep.

"And what if I don't let you go Brianna?" As he asked the pertinent question the tone of the room, and, our situation flipped on a single syllable. His naturally dark, voice shifted to a raspy deeper tone when he whispered in my ear. The manner in which he spoke to me was dare I say seductive, though the grin on his face showed it was. He knew exactly what he was doing and the effect it had on me. I shifted against the wall he had backed me against. My ears flushed red as he smirks and backs up slightly.

"My brother would sue you and your entire government agency bullshit." I protest shakily playing my cover and trying to bite back a smirk. It came out worse than I'd hoped, I wished to sound confidently defiant but I sounded meek and turned on.

"I'm not acting under the agency princess, this is all my doing Brianna." He quips back, his quick witt keeping me on my toes to keep the cover up. His reply mixed with that cocky smirk. His voice got deeper on purpose that time just to agitate me.

"Derek will find me..." I murmur. Though I'm visibly conflicted and my body screams that I wish not be found.

"Be honest with yourself please princess you don't wanna be found... Not when you're with me." He replies his tone slightly softer as he pushes a strand of hair behind my ear his touch feather light. He was right. I don't wanna go back. At the very least not until I've spent time with him and go for a drink and wake up beside him na- WOAH BRAIN! Chill. No. Not what I want.... Maybe what I want...

"You're right..." I mumble under my breath praying it was silent, but cursing myself silently when I realized I said it out loud.

"I know I am princess." He replies softly tilting my chin to look up at him, his thumb and index finger made a "c" shape making it impossible to move and his hold seem effortless. My breath hitched which caused him to smirk wide. "Let's get out of here princess." He whispered seductively his hot breath against my forehead as he pressed a soft warm kiss to it.

"Yes sir..." I reply giving into his dominance. My body shutters and my breath audibly hitches when he slips his hand under my waistband at the small of my back.

A/n : hey y'all sorry it's been awhile since I could focus lol I actually work on this in between customers and while I'm on break soooo yeah I only worked today out of this week sooo anyway yall comment and lmk what ya think