Confession.

It's summer and Karl has finally built up courage to ask him out. Despite knowing he has a wife this love cannot be ignored. If he dosent tell him now he'll forever regret his decision. Even if he says no. Better he know now then never.
Right? I mean. He's felt this way for so long. And even if it doesn't work out. He might as well? Karl has tried to give all the signs. Though out talking about him for hours across and even to classes. (Whilst trying to be subtle.) It fooled no one.
Whether students didn't care, or they simply didn't know how to help. They knew.

Kael took a few deep breaths. He opened his phone. He went to messages. "Alex you mean the-" He erased it. He didn't know how one would even go about this. This could ruin their working relationship. Was it even worth it? What would he get out of this despite just Alex knowing. Wait. That was just it.
The stress of Alex not knowing had been affecting his ability to focus on work.

He began typing again.
"Alex we've been working together for a while." He stared at it for a while before deleting it again. He didn't know how one was supposed to go about this- In fact one really just shouldn't have. But he... was determined. He was going to do this. Even if it meant a risk. "Alex I need to talk to you." He sent.

He immediately put his phone down and went back to grading. He was scared. Strangely grading helped him relax wind down. Give him something else to think about. He began grading. He really began to decompress. He may not have been the best at what he did. But he still found peace in doing something he knew how to do. He sat at his desk by his bed, dog by his side. Sitting. Watching intently not knowing what his dad was doing. Karl's desk was organized and neat. Some answer guides to his left neatly placed with a cup full of assorted pens and a few pencils. To his right a cup of iced water. As well as a few pieces of assorted junk he threw away. Time really was weird while he was working.

And then it happened. A small. *ding* From his phone. He paused. He knew the hard part had yet to come yet he stopped in place. He tried to ignore his phone and act like he hadn't seen it but there way no denying Alex had responded. A simple but straightforward "What is it? Is something wrong?" Alex didn't even know what happening. Yet he very much cared. Karl began to type. "Alex we've been working together for a while. And there's just something on my chest, and I feel like if I don't tell you I won't be able to comfortably work." Alex began to type "What is it? :]" Karl blushed a bit. Alex was so sweet. Karl started typing again. "I know you have a wife and all. But. I think I'm... in love with you." Alex stopped for a second. He couldn't tell if this was a joke-

Alex... began to type.. "Thhank you for telling me." His hands shook and clicked h twice as he was a bit in shock. Yet knew he couldn't reciprocate feelings. Karl stared for a bit. "Ok then" he said... "ok" Alex sent back. Karl began to tear up. He knew there was no way Alex would feel the same but rejection still stung.... Horribly.. he got onto his bed and started crying into his dog. Crying turned into silent sobbing. He knew there was literally no way for this to go in his favor yet despite that he was still disappointed. The tears flowed as his dog nuzzled up; Knowing something was wrong. "It's.. okay buddy.." Karl reassured his dog. Karl... just cried and cried. Everytime he calmed down he remembered the man he loved most didn't feel the same. And even if he did. He had a wife. And kids for gods sake. He couldn't leave that for Karl. And sure it would've hurt less but it certainly would've been worse if Alex DID feel the same. Karl knew that would make him a liar, a cheat! But he still deep down wanted it.

He watched pokèmon on his computer as the hours flowed by. It always gave him a sense of nostalgia. Comfort. Ash always was the carefree type. Alas he did have to get ready for the next day. Wich so happened to be a Monday. Ah yes. Mondays. Always a bit hectic. No one ever wanted to be there on Mondays. And this time Karl didn't want to be either... 7 or so hours of kids yelling Mr.C to his ears. And his lunches were never that good. He spent them grading anyways.

All that aside. He got up and took a long steamy shower to unwind. It really was the simple things in life. Truly simple.... <3

He got out, dried off, got into SpongeBob pajamas and took his dog on one last walk before hopping into bed, snuggling up with said dog, and closing his eyes for the day ahead.

(Sorry for short chapter. It is just the drop in after all-)