Last Chance

Abhishek was sitting on the bench in the hospital. His eyes were fixed on the floor as if he had been lost somewhere. His eyes had turned completely red. Yash was also sitting quietly next to him.

Then they heard some footsteps and when Abhishek looked up, he saw his parents coming with a chahal. He stood up from his place and looked at them. He could still see the anger and resentment towards him on their faces. There had been no conversation between them since yesterday. Even now his father turned his face away after seeing him. Then he looked at Chahal who was already looking at him. Seeing Chahal, Abhishek was wondering why he came back even after all this happened. He did not like seeing his parents with him. Yash, who was still sitting quietly, on seeing them both like this, got up from his place and went and stood next to Abhishek. He was sensing the serious tension between Abhishek and Chahal. Then the nurse came out of the room.

N: patient ko hosh aa gaya h...

Everyone turned towards her and sighed in relief.

A & C: kaisi h wo?...(walk towards her)

Both said it together and then glanced at each other. The nurse got confused when she saw both of them concerned for Manisha.

N: aap me se bachhe ka father kon h....jo baby ka father h wo pehle andar jaaye....(Her eyes were darting between Abhishek and Chahal in confusion)

On hearing this both Chahal and Abhishek moved towards that room but noticing each other both stopped. The nurse now got even more confused after seeing the same reaction from both of them, then a staff member called her and she went away from there. Both of them looked at each other and the others looked at them nervously. The glimpse of past events came back before the eyes of both of them.

(Manisha....don't worry....ab mai hamesha tumhare sath hu....bhagvaan k saamne tumse vaada karta hu ki mere liye sabse pehle tum aur hamara bachha hoga.....(she turned his gaze at chahal)....yes....hamara bachha....mera bachha....and I promise mai tumhe ya hamare bachhe ko kabhi hurt nahi hone dunga....kabhi tumhe tootne nahi dunga...)

(BIWI LAGTI H WO MERI....(Roared).... WIFE H WO MERI..... HAMARA RISHTA PAVITR H JO SHAADI K BANDHAN ME BANDHA HUA H.... SHE IS MRS. ABHISHEK SINGHAL...)

A slight painful smile slowly appeared on Chahal's lips and he opened his eyes and looked towards Abhishek whose eyes were already moist. He clenched his fist, took a deep breath and traced his steps back and gestured to Abhishek to go inside. At first Abhishek was surprised but the very next moment he gave him a thankful smile while holding back his tears and then slowly entered the room.

Hearing the sound of the door closing, Manisha slowly opened her eyes. As soon as she looked towards him and her gaze met his, tears welled up in her eyes. As he was taking steps slowly towards her their last conversation started appearing before their eyes as their eyes were locked to each other.

(Abhiiishek bhale mujjjhe kuch bhii ho jaaye ise kuuu..cch bhiiii nahiii hona chaaa...hiye. Mere bachhhhe ko kuchhh bhi nahi honaaa chahiye. Mer..eee bachhhhe ko bachaa lo Abhiiiishekk...(While getting difficulties in breathing)....hamaaareee bachhe ko bachaaa lo....)

(Bachhe aur maa dono ki jaan ko khatra h...aur ab hum dono me se kisi ek ki hi jaan bacha sakte h...toh kise bachaye maa ko ya bachhe ko

maa ko bachaiye)

(Congratulations....you have become a father...)