t w e n t y t h r e e

"What the fuck if your issue?" Lando asks walking into the house

"What the fuck if your issue?" Lando asks walking into the house. He's fuming with me and I'm fuming with him.

"My issue? Do you seriously have to ask? Are you really that dense you have to ask me what's wrong?" Throwing my phone and bag on the kitchen island I don't even care at this moment in time if I've broken it.

"Is this seriously because Alesha rang me?"

"Yes! Because what reason would she have to be ringing you! You're not even at a track this week!" I realise I might seem like I'm overreacting but this girl has given me no reason to trust her.

"Lucía I can't control her actions! I can't help it if she's phoning me!" We're both raising our voices at each other but I can't let this go. I'm like a woman possessed.

"You don't get it! How many times did we have sex before we had each other's number!"

"So you think I'm sleeping with her? Fucking hell! Does the fact I came here to see you mean nothing? If I was seeing her, which I'm not I don't think I'd be here Lucía!" I'm almost close to backing down until Lando opens his mouth again "I might have had a one night stand with her last year but that was it. It was one time and believe it or not that was before I met you!"

"Well that's fucking fabulous isn't it! She's clearly fucking interested in you!"

"But I'm not interested in her! I could've had her all along if I wanted her! She's in it for the fame and the money!"

"Wow. I'm going to bed" I don't even want to argue about this anymore. Alesha has really got to me and I know that's what she has wanted.

Making my way to my bedroom I pull my clothes off climbing into bed wearing one of Lando's T-shirts. I hear Lando come into the bedroom behind me and sit on his side of the bed.

"I know you're not asleep Lucía. Can we at least sort this out?" I don't answer Lando, instead I let the silent tears roll down my cheeks. I'm not the kind of girl who cries over a man, the last thing I want Lando to know is that I'm crying. When I don't answer he walks into the bathroom muttering a quiet 'whatever' under his breath and I hear the shower turn on.

I listen to Lando's every move in the bathroom. I know this is my own insecurities but I don't know how I'll be able to deal with Lando being around Alesha at races when I'm not there given their history. Especially given Alesha's recent behaviour. Feeling Lando climb into bed with me I still don't move, I lay there for what feels like hours listening to Lando's sort snores in the bed beside me.

Eventually I give in and turn to look at my sleeping boyfriend, who despite us arguing is still here with me. The way Lando is sleeping I am able to turn into his arms and place a gentle kiss on his bare chest.

"I'm sorry" I whisper gently feeling myself start to cry again. I'm so worried about Alesha and what she may or may not try I'm the one pushing Lando away.