t w e n t y f i v e

"So how hungover are you?" Lando asks as I stir in bed

"Very. I don't remember getting back last night" the whole night after a certain point is a blank. All I want to do is sleep the day away and feel sorry for myself.

"I'm not surprised. When you got me to pick you up, you were just sat on the kerb talking shit to be honest"

"You know it's serious when the thinking kerb happens" I say with a laugh seeing Lando's confused look "it started when we were teenagers. It happens when you're so drunk you think you're having the deepest conversation with anyone who will listen and they usually happen in the most random of places, for me and my friends it always ended ip being a kerb outside of a club or wherever we were"

"So when you start having conversations with me like that I need to remember to be serious?"

"Pretty much" I say snuggling myself under Lando's arm resting my head on his chest "I didn't make an idiot of myself with your parents did I?"

"Not at all. You, Flo and Sav were hilarious when we got back here my mum and dad were thoroughly entertained. Thank you for making an effort with my family, it means a lot"

"Lando I'm always going to make an effort with your family. You've given my friends and family a chance, I'm not going to write off your family. They've all been amazing with me from the moment I met your parents at the race" I genuinely like Lando's family. They've all taken me in as one of their own and it's nice to be treated like one of the family. I've never felt as comfortable with a boyfriends family as I do with Lando's. I've never got on with a ex's siblings the way I do with Lando's either, I can see myself becoming really good friends with the girls.

I fall back to sleep in Lando's arms needing to sleep off this hangover, we have a three hour drive back to my house at some point today the last thing I want is to still feel like a corpse when I'm stuck in a car. Eventually waking up I notice Lando is no longer in bed with me, I don't blame him. I drag myself to his bathroom to make myself more presentable. When I say presentable I mean having a shower, brushing my teeth and pulling one of Lando's hoodies on with a pair of leggings. My hair is scraped up into a birds nest on the top of my head, it can't even be considered a messy bun the sheer state of it.

"I'm pleased you two look as hungover as I feel" I say walking into the living room where Flo and Savannah are both lying on either side of the sofa with a blanket and a can of full fat coke in front of them.

"it's hell Lucía. Being this hungover with two kids is not for the weak. I've had to get Oliver to take the girls to a park so I can recover" I had noticed the house is quiet, I'm assuming Lando has also gone with his brother.

"Morning Lucía, I'm making a roast beef dinner if you'd like some" Cisca tells me as she joins us in the living room "you all look like you need it"

"That would be amazing if you don't mind" the thought of a Sunday roast makes my stomach growl, I'm at the hungover stage where all I want is to eat "do you want some help?" I ask not wanting to take advantage of the hospitality I've been shown.