wine and cheese

A/N okay i think im gonna try writing this from a 3rd person perspective instead so i can see which suits my style more!! also hopefully this chapter is longer (+better) 🫣

prop: marjorie and reece thought it would be a good idea to host a gathering outside of work for the couples. yes ik this isnt ALL the couples so dont hate me!!

"hey baby what time is everyone coming over?" marjorie said, tying her hair into a bun atop her head before walking over to reece, wrapping her hands around him tightly.

"not sure, let me text the groupchat.." reece said, pulling his phone out of his back pocket. he opens the couples chat and sends a lengthy message.

MIA: fucking hell reece im not reading all of that for fucks sake summarise it.
CHAR: amelia! hes inviting us over dont be mean.
MIA: sorry sweetheart, love you x
AUT: how am i supposed to survive a night with both of you like this.
REECE: im cooking
MARJ: and theres wine!! x
AUTUMN: i suppose ill survive then
MIA: (REPLYING TO REECES LAST MESSAGE) FUCK YEAHHHH
CHAR: thank you reece, thats so nice of you!
MIA: youre so sweet baby x
MARJ: opposites attract i guess?
CHAR: guys come on i will ask autumn to help control u guys.
REECE: winter, where are you? HELP
WINTER: its okay, ive got her.
REECE: anyway all im saying is can everyone make 6:30 at our place?
ALL: 👍🏼

6:30PM
the door opens revealing mia, char, autumn and winter all huddled on the porch.
"fucking let us in will you, its freezing." mia says walking towards reece, ushering char into the house.
"how lovely to see you too..lil sis, winter you guys alright?" reece says moving aside to let them in.

everyone gathers in the the living room, sprawled across all the sofas. mia layed across one with char bundled up in her arms, marjories fluffy christmas blanket laying across them both. in the other sat winter and autumn, auts head buried into winters chest as he wraps his arm around her back. and finally were marjorie and reece who sat on the other side of the room, marjories legs positioned carefully across reeces.

marjorie stands up and walks to the kitchen, returning with wine, and a cheese board (made by reece of course). autumn practically sprints to the kitchen to help marjorie collect glasses before returning and pouring herself a rather large glass of red. mia puts together a small plate for her and char, consisting of cheese, crackers and a few grapes. she hands the plate to char, occasionally picking at it herself.

they sit talking for an hour or so before reece pipes up "im starving. what do we think of pasta?" he says placing marjories legs down on the sofa before standing up. "i think pasta is judgy and mean and annoying like reecey." mia says chuckling to herself. "pasta sounds great reece, thank you." char says, playfully hitting mia and rolling her eyes. the others agree so reece heads off into the kitchen, marjorie trailing behind him.

marjorie wraps her arms around reeces body whilst he cooks, her face buried into his back. "i love you soooooo much" a slightly drunk marjorie mumbles into his back.
by this point everyone has had a few drinks except winter, ready to take aut home after the mountainous amount of wine she consumes.

back in the living room. char and mia were having a play fight, tickling eachother, char squirming around in mias lap. on the other hand, autumn lay next to winter, exchanging small lines of poerty before being interrupted by marjorie. "fooooood!" she shouts in the door before making her way back to the dining room.

everyone gathers around the round table, reece at one end, with marjorie, then winter next to autumn who is sat at the other end, followed by mia and then char.

"reece this pasta tastes like love in a food, the fuck did you put in this?" mia said, twirling a piece of pasta onto her fork.
"yeah reece, this is so lovely, mustve been hard to make." char adds in a slightly nicer tone than mia.
"oh its nothing special really - just an old recipe i used to make for you guys as kids." reece replied, starting to collect in the bowls.

everyone scurried back to living room to get more drinks. they decided it would be a good idea to watch a film but no one could decide what to watch. autumn, winter and mia wanted to watch a horror film, but reece,marj and char were terrified. they eventually gave in so autumn grabbed the remote and started to type in "texas chainsaw massacre" which ended up being more like "tesaz chAimsa masadr" but winter helped out. they started the film, char with her head buried into mias shoulder, mia running her fingers up and down her back to comfort her. marjorie and reece huddled together terrified and autumn and winter sat there watching it like a rom-com, this was autumns comfort film so obviously theyve both seen it over and over about 100 times.

——-

as the opening credits danced across the screen, the only ones left awake were winter, mia and reece. char was sprawled across mia the exact same way she was hours ago, this time fast asleep, her chest rising and falling with every breath she took. autumn's head on winters lap, him running his fingers through her hair, removing the tangles she had made over the course of the night. marjorie lay in reeces arms, her head buried in his shoulder, fast asleep.

winter picked autumn up, her burying her head into his neck, before thanking reece for the evening and walking towards the door. "bye reeeeece!" autumn managed to get out before reece had closed the door behind them.

"well we should get going too." mia said sitting char up along with herself. "mia your too pissed to drive home, im taking you." reece said placing a hand on marjories shoulder. marjorie started to stir, making grabby hands for reece. "baby im just taking mia and char home, do you want to come?" he asked her, stroking the side of her head with his thumb. "mmmm ill stay here thanks baby." she mumbled, burying her head back into the cushion. "okay my love, see you soon" reece said, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

mia helped get a sleeping char into reeces car, before hopping in the backseat next to her. "thank you reecey." mia said holding char in her arms. reece turned the few corners to their house before pulling up outside. he got out of the car and let mia pass him a sleeping char, whilst she unlocked the door. charlotte started to stir in his arms. "mmm mia" she fluttered her eyes open"R-REECE!?" she jolted forwards, reece somehow not dropping her. "shhh sweetheart im here" mia said stroking her hair before taking her from his arms and carrying her inside. "thank you reecey, thank you for having us, please tell marjorie the same." she said holding the door with one hand and char with the other. "its no problem mia, youre welcome any time." reece said, getting back into his car and eventually returning home.

reece walked through the front door and straight into the living room where his girlfriend was still curled up in a ball in the exact spot she was when he left. "hey baby, im home." he said, readjusting her to be in his arms. "hey my love can we go to bed now?" she mumbled into his neck making it barely audible but reece understood her. "yeah gorgeous, lets get you upstairs." he said taking her up to their bedroom. he got them both changed into something comfortable before laying down in their bed with marjorie in his arms. "i love you baby" reece said, placing a kiss on her head. "love you" she mumbled out as her breathing slowed and reece knew she had gone back to sleep. "goodnight" reece whispered into her ear before closing his own eyes.

okay yall are gonna hate me after the next one but hopefully this ones okay!!! yes i know mialotte are strongly featured sorry! also for the next chapter i feel like we need some autumn x marj ? FRIENDLY WAY GOOD GOD