zero

DO NOT COMMENT 'UPDATE' OR ANY VERSION OF IT. PLEASE AND THANKS. IF YOU COMMENT UPDATE OR ANY VERSION OF IT, YOUR COMMENT WILL BE DELETED.

2 July, 1983.

The brunette teen knocked rapidly on the door, "Come on, come on, come on." She muttered to herself

She hitched her almost 3 year old dozing nephew higher on her hip and knocked again.

This was not how she planned for her night to end. She had been celebrating with a few friends as they officially graduated Hogwarts yesterday and when she returned to her sister's house, she found her favorite nephew red faced with tears.

Sure, Dahlia Amaryllis Evans had planned to take Harry away from Petunia and raise him herself, but she thought she would have a job, money and a house before she enacted the plan.

But life didn't always work out the way it was planned.

She knocked rapidly on the door again. She really hoped that Remus hadn't moved in the last couple of years since this was the only place she knew where to go.

Finally the door opened and a tired looking young man stood before her, yawning, "Dahlia?" He asked sleepily

She pushed her way into his house and set the three bags she had down on the floor, "Remus, I know we don't know each other very well, but I need your help. I couldn't just leave him there with her, not how she and the others treated him." She rambled

He blinked, "Leave who? What happened? How do you know where I live?" He asked, still in shock at seeing his dead friend's younger sister in his house

He was never close to Dahlia as he and the rest of his friends were 6 years older than her but he would help her no questions asked if she was in trouble.

He owed Lily that much.

Though, Dahlia has never been to his cottage, so the werewolf wasn't sure how the girl knew where he lived.

"Harry." She said, "Petunia treats him so horribly and I tried so hard to protect him but I couldn't this time! And Lily told me where to go if the need ever arose."

The teenager swore her heart was about to beat right out of her chest. In the back of her mind, she wondered if it bothered her nephew.

The nephew she just kidnapped.

"Merlin," Dahlia breathed out as her eyes widened, "I JUST KIDNAPPED MY NEPHEW!" she panicked

Quite loudly for two in the morning.

She watched as Lily's friend stared at her with his mouth open, "You— You— You kidnapped a child!" He sputtered

Dahlia nodded and then shook her head, "Technically! But you're not listening. I had to! Petunia, Vernon and even Dudley treat him so horribly. He's sad all the time and when I'm not there, they hurt him!" She said

The raised voices woke the toddler up, "Aunt Dally?" He questioned

She kissed his head, "Sorry darling. Would you like to meet a friend of your mummy and daddy?"

Harry nodded and picked his head off of his aunt's shoulder to look at Remus.

"Harry, this is Remus. When you were younger, you used to call him Uncle Moony." The 17 year old introduced

Both man and child observed each other silently before Harry put his head back on his aunt's shoulder and closed his eyes, soon falling back asleep.

Remus looked back at Dahlia, "Let's get back to you kidnapping a child." He said, "To which I am now an accessory to. Thank you for that."

Dahlia glared at him, "What was I supposed to do?! Leave him there?" She questioned, "I was already planning on taking him and raising him myself. I just thought I would have money and a house to do it."

The 23 year old didn't know what to say. He couldn't blame her for technically kidnapping Harry. However, he wished she had a better plan. What if he wasn't here? What if it was during his transformations?

"Why didn't you go to the police?" He finally asked

She let out a rueful laugh, "If I did that, they would put Harry in foster care. I would most likely never see him again." She told him, "I turned 17 a month ago, meaning in the eyes of muggles, I'm not an adult. I have no job, no money, no house. So far there is no physical signs of abuse."

She had put a lot of thought into what she would do.

What she said was true. She has no job, no money, no house, and no family.

The muggles would declare her an unfit guardian.

So the only option left was to kidnap Harry.

Dahlia had read the note Dumbledore left for Petunia. She knew that as long as Harry lived with either her or Petunia, that he would still have Lily's last sacrifice as protection.

And that was all she wanted. Was for Harry to be protected. To love a long and happy life, unlike his parents who died at 21 years old.

The youngest Evans sister took a deep breath in, "I know it's a lot to ask... but would you mind if we stayed here for a couple of days?" She asked

He looked between the sleeping toddler and the teenager and nodded, "Why don't... I can help you raise Harry." He said before he had time to think it through

After all, it was just shy of 2 years since he had seen Harry, the son of one of his best friend's. He couldn't offer much but he could offer two extra hands to help raise Harry. Dahlia wouldn't have to do everything on her own.

Thankfully, she nodded, "Thank you."

And so began the journey of Remus John Lupin and Dahlia Amaryllis Evans raising Harry James Potter.

DO NOT COMMENT 'UPDATE' OR ANY VERSION OF IT. PLEASE AND THANKS. IF YOU COMMENT UPDATE OR ANY VERSION OF IT, YOUR COMMENT WILL BE DELETED.