Part 21

Chapter 62 (Little fruit)

Jungkook placed her down by the end of the ladder.

He turned to her and said, "I'll go down first. Make sure you hold on to the ladder so the wind doesn't blow you away again," he almost sounded worried about her but he was wearing a mischievous smile again as he said those words.

He quickly made his way down and the moment his feet landed on solid ground, he looked up and motioned for her to follow.

Lisa swallowed. It was easy when she climbed up but looking down now, she felt a little scared. Thankfully, seeing Jungkook down there calmed her heart.

She then placed her feet on the first rung and Jungkook immediately noticed her feet were slightly shaking. He twitched as he became alert. This girl was simply unbelievable. How could she talk so tough and all that when she was trembling over something like this?

As Lisa carefully climbed down, Jungkook didn't realise it but he had been holding his breath the entire time he watched her and only let it out when she was finally at arms reach. 

Lisa jumped down to the verandah and clapped her hands together and beamed in satisfaction. 'One more thing to tick off the list!' she celebrated inwardly.

They headed back to the dining hall where dinner was already laid out on the table. She was surprised to see Mr. Black Leather Jacket sitting there, casually chatting with Jungkook's latest visitor.

"Kook! What took you so long? Were you exercising or something?" Jae-hyun said as he saw the two enter the room.  He accompanied his statement with a couple of winks, clearly indicating what kind of 'exercise' he was referring to.

Jimin nudged Jae-hyun like a big brother does when their younger brother was being naughty and he went up to Lisa and finally introduced himself. 

"Hello, Lisa. My name is Park Jimin, but you can call me Jimin for short." He paused and looked at the guy next to him and introduced him also. "This guy here is Jae-hyun… You can call him Jae or you can just ignore him, that's fine too," he said with a quick smile and a twinkle in his eye.

"Hi Jimin. I finally found out what your real name is! I've been calling you Mr. Black Leather jacket this whole time," she confessed with a shy smile.

The moment she smiled at Jimin, she felt a chill coming from behind her. She immediately turned to Jungkook and made puppy dog eyes at him and tried to distract him. "Jungkook, I'm hungry… Can we eat?" Her stomach grumbled right on cue and the frozen iceberg melted a little.

Without a word, Jungkook strode towards the table and sat down and waited for everyone else to take their seat.

Lisa was relieved that Jungkook didn't ask her to sit on his lap again. Was it because Taehyung was not around? She noticed that the table was only set for four people - one for Jungkook at the head of the table, one to his right and two to his left. Maybe Taehyung wasn't back yet. 

Jae-hyun walked towards the seat on the right so Lisa and Jimin took the seats to the left but before they could seat themselves, Jungkook looked at Jae-hyun with cold daggers in his eyes. 

Jae-hyun knew that look but his expression clearly said he had no idea what he did to earn that look. The words, 'what did I do wrong?' flashed in his eyes.  

Jae-hyun racked his brain but could not solve the puzzle at all! Luckily a savior arrived. Charles the butler, walked towards Xavier and whispered in his ear. "Mr. Jae-hyun, I believe that seat is reserved for Miss Lisa."

His eyes became as round as a full moon as realization finally dawned on him. He immediately flew to the other side of the table and stood next to Lisa. "I'm sorry, Lisa. I didn't mean to take your seat."