'Cause My Insides Are Red

Vampire shenanigans go brr or whatever. Also happy bday Freminet I'll have an actual birthday post for him up in the next two days hopefully. Title from the song "The Red Means I Love You" by Madds Buckley

Tw: Lynette likens some of Freminet's concerning behaviour to the old men who were into her as a kid. He does not nor does he intend to do these things but it still brings up bad memories

————————

"Can you two do me a favor and tell Freminet to meet with me as soon as he can? I have some assignments for him."

Thats what led Lyney and Lynette to where they are now: standing in front of a door with a DANGER DO NOT ENTER sign on it, otherwise known as Freminet's workshop.

Lyney had knocked, but no one answered him, even though no sound was coming from inside, so Freminet couldn't be working on something overly loud.

A moment passed before Lyney knocked again, louder this time, and still no answer.

With a frustrated huff, Lyney put his hand on the doorknob and Began to turn it.

"Lyney wait—" Lynette began, trying to make sure he didn't get a piece of metal thrown his way by a startled Freminet, but Lyney was already pushing the door open.

Lynette sighs, moving to stand a little bit behind her twin brother. If he gets metal thrown and embedded into his shoulder, Lynette isn't going to try and heal him.

She freezes when Freminet turns to look at them.

Did she see that correctly?

Something in the way he turned his head, in the way his eyes locked onto them, like he was a predator in the presence of something he could eat, it scared her.

The hairs on Lynette's neck raise, she shivers slightly and crosses her arms over her chest, maybe in an unconscious attempt to make herself look less threatening, less worthy of being attacked.

Freminet must be hungry, thirsty? What term would apply for vampires?

Regardless, Lynette forces herself to calm down, Freminet wouldn't hurt her or Lyney. Not on purpose, at least.

"Doesn't my door have a warning sign on it...?" Freminet asks quietly after a little bit too long, Lynette hears more than she sees the clink of something metal being placed onto the work bench.

She can almost smell the effort he puts into holding back his hunger, into quelling the natural bloodlust he holds; Lynette sincerely hopes she and Lyney aren't causing him too much distress by their presence.

In front of her, Lyney nods. "Father sent us to tell you to meet her as soon as you can, since she has new assignments for you."

Lynette frowns when she realizes that Lyney didn't answer his question. Freminet surely realizes it too, what with the way the faint smell of annoyance comes off him paired with the way the red rim around his pupil sparpens, just a little bit.

Annoyance, which can easily lead into anger, which can lead to hunting.

Lynette feels the sensation of her nails against her skin, softly scratching in an effort to quell her anxiety, because Freminet wouldn't hurt any of his siblings, no matter how hungry he is.

"You shouldn't have come in without my permission." Freminet's voice was more deadpan than usual, something Lyney probably noticed; something Lynette definitely noticed.

She wonders if Lyney is choosing to ignore the way a predator's bloodthirst is coming off Freminet in waves, or if he genuinely can't sense it the way she can. She knows her ears and eyes and nose are better than his by way of inheriting the majority of the cat genes, but even he should still be able to tell.