27

Christina

"Hey, Ronan?" I walked over to the geek and watched him nervously hold his bike.

"Um... Hi..."

I rolled my eyes. He probably thought I was going to scold him. What a fool. Instead, I gave him a friendly nudge and asked, "How's Sasha treating you?"

He admitted, "Not well... She keeps glaring at me. But everyone else treats me like I'm Yoda!"

I hesitated at the mention of an old walking and talking alien lizard. "... Is that good or bad?"

"Good. Very good- unless you're not a Star Wars fan."

I rolled my eyes. I was still trying to get over his annoying Star Wars jokes. "Whatever."

Then he scratched the back of his head and asked, "Hey, are you going to the party tonight?"

I immediately felt my eyes widen. "Party?" I scolded myself quickly for looking so clueless. I should've known there was a party! Chrissy Drama loves parties!

"Yes, apparently there's a party tonight. Some girls have been asking me to it and I just wanted to see if you were going." Ronan immediately grimaced. "It's not a formal, if that's what you're thinking!"

'Some girls have been asking me to it... Wanted to see if you were going...'

"Heh, sorry, I made it awkward." He paused and continued, "I wanted to know if you and your friends were showing up...?"

I felt my cheeks burn with embarrassment. Was he asking me out on a date?

"... Because isn't that what-"

"- what we do?" ...What dating couples do? Yes! He had to be asking me out- his hands were red and sweaty! He looked nervous just standing by me. He liked me! ... Why am I so surprised? Doesn't every boy like me?

"Yeah," Ronan nervously chuckled, "I am trying to fit in, so I asked if that's what you wanted to do tonight."

I turned red in the face. "... I had no idea you wanted..." I fumbled with my words. Ronan wanted to be more than friends! "Well, i hope you know what you're in for!" That geek had better know how many boys I've dumped.

But saying that made him look confused, so I dropped it.

"Where's the party?"

"Here at school."

"Alright. I'll invite Katie and Rej," I added with a mischievous smile, "I am sure those lovebirds will want to tag along!" It's a double- date!

He paused at my sudden cheerfulness and I instantly lectured myself not to sound antsy for a date with a geek.

"Is there a theme?"

He shrugged. "I don't know."

"Fun, I'll surprise you!" I twirled my hair in thought of all my outfit choices and asked, "So, I'll see you tonight?"

"Yeah," he answered quickly.

"Alright then! Bye!" With that, I skipped off.

I felt something inside me race with joy. It was oddly sensational. A geek liked me so much to ask me out! He sure has a lot of nerve- but wow! A geek wanted to see me tonight- at a party- Ronan wanted to see me!