Chapter 4

It was about seven thirty at night when I finally disighed to eat, so to not wake anyone or catch their attention I teleported myself into the kitchen. I open the fridge looking for something easy to make. "I put some leftover dinner inside the microwave for you." I turn around quickly and see Jean in the door way.

"Thank you." I reply not moving and watching him carefully.

"Hey Chris, hi Jean." Said a small voice. Jean turns around to look behind him.

"Hey Ash, what's up?" He asks before going to the table and taking a seat.

"I'm Good."

"Hey Ash, how are you settling in?" I ask her.

"I like it here.... What's a mate?" She asks me, sitting down next to Jean while I sit across from him.

"Umm.... well...." I started to explain.

"It's someone that was made for another person, and loves them unconditionally. Your mate is supposed to be there for you in any way they can and to trust their judgment and support their disition. He will also protect you with his life, Ash." Jean explains, but as he says this I can't help but think that he was telling me more than Ash what a mate is.

"So, Adian will protect me?" She asks.

"Of course he will. he wanted to protect and love you since the moment he saw you." I answer.

"Then why are you afraid of Jean if he'll protect you?"

"Because.... I don't want to let my father down anymore than I already have." I whispered, no longer looking at her, but at the table to top in front of me.

"Jean said he wouldn't hurt you. He was telling the truth. If hurting you meant that your dad isn't proud with you, then he'll help make them proud so that you're happy."

"How do you know he was telling the truth?"

"Because I know."

"Oh really? So if I said that I hate the color blue, you would know that it was a lie or not?"

"Yes, you love the color blue, but hate pink." I look at her surprised that she knew I hated pink. Nobody knew that and I mean nobody.

"How'd are you so smart?" Jean asked her, amazement in his eyes.

"I just am." She answers before shrugging her shoulders and leaving the room.

"She will be and do amazing things for this pack.... I just know it." Jean whispers.

"You don't even know her." I whisper back.

"No, I don't.... But with you in charge I know she and everyone else will be in great hands." He says with a small smile of my own.

"You guys are so cute."

Looking back at the door way I see Addy and Josh watching us.

"Don't mind us we're just getting pop-corn." Josh replies walking into the kitchen.

"Joshua I have a bone to pick with you." I say facing him.

"Oh no. What about?"

"Oh, just how you wake up and sing the same old song every morning."

"Oh I don't know.... I think it's a really good song." He teases.

"Josh, be nice." Addy play fully scolds while holding his side.

"Fine I'll sing a different song." Joshua says while rolling his eyes.

"You guys are amazing." Jean says.

"Thank you, you and your pack are amazing too." Addison replies excitedly.

"Well thank you, I'm glad you approve." Jean then blushes and looks down at the table.

"Okay, Josh, let's go, we have a scary movie to watch." Addy then grabs Josh's hand and pulls him and the bag of pop-corn out of the kitchen.

"I should get to bed. We have a big day tomorrow with making a bigger house for everyone and what not." I get up and start heading for the door way.

"Why are you letting us stay here if you don't trust us?" Jean questions.

"Because even if I wanted to separate my pack from yours, I know I wouldn't be able too."

"You said that this was the Midnight Stone Pack, correct?"

"Yes, why?"

"I just wanted to know how one off the biggest and best warrior pack can be taken down so easily, and by a bunch of rouges?" I thought they had some sort of secret weapon?"

"We do. The rouges killed almost everyone, and we had no worrying of any kind. Without the warning we couldn't have our secret weapon, I mean weapons, ready. But I can assure you that they weren't taken or harmed." I answer with a blank face.

"Where are they? Are they back at the pack house-"

"Why do you want to know?"

"Because if those rouges find them, then this secret weapon of yours will destroy many other packs. I don't know how you and the others survived, but I knew that that pack of rouges would not attack for no reason."

"If the secret weapon is call you want from me then you can leave."

"What? Oh, no, no, no, no I'm trying to understand and protect you not take something from you." He try's to defend himself.

"I suggest you go off to bed now, before you piss me off some more."

"Okay, as you wish. Good night." And with that he leaves, head down, shoulders slouched, disappointment in his eyes.

"Good night." I whisper, teleporting back into my room I climbed into bed and tried to sleep, completely forgetting about eating.