Chapter 1: Episode 4: Just Unlucky (part 2)

"Not even a single rock we could use." Gavi muttered, shaking his head as he looked around the cell. His expression grew serious as he glanced at Zoey. "Alright, here's the plan. I'm gonna call for help, make them think you're hurt. When they come in, you play along. Wait until they get close-then we strike. Fast and hard."

Zoey met his eyes and gave a sharp nod. "Got it."

Gavi moved back to his spot, sitting where the ropes had held him before. Zoey mirrored him, settling back into position and pretending her hands were still bound.

"Don't worry," he said quietly, a smirk tugging at the corner of his mouth. "They're not as scary as they want you to think. We've got this."

The confidence in his voice made Zoey braver. She wasn't scared anymore-not with Gavi beside her.

"You ready?" he asked, his eyes locking on hers.

Zoey smiled, her eyes narrowing in determination. "Ready."

"Alright." Gavi muttered to himself before raising his voice. He said something in a strange language, the foreign words rolled off his tongue with surprising ease, his voice steady and commanding.

Zoey blinked, puzzled by the unfamiliar language. She had no idea what he was saying, but hearing Gavi speak in the outsiders' tongue caught her off guard. It was impressive, even reassuring, though she wouldn't admit that out loud.

Soon, the sound of footsteps echoed down the corridor, growing louder with each passing second. Zoey strained to listen, her heart racing. Three men.

The outsiders arrived, stopping right in front of the cell door. Zoey swallowed hard, preparing herself for the act. She threw herself to the ground, body trembling, gasping for air as if she could barely breathe. She choked and convulsed, playing her part to perfection.

Without hesitation, the outsiders rushed in. Two immediately knelt by her side, concern flickering in their eyes, while the third just lingered near them, standing a bit behind them, watching closely. The men exchanged hurried words, their voices tinged with confusion and urgency as they tried to figure out what was wrong with her.

But one of them, his eyes sharp, suddenly froze mid-sentence. His gaze dropped to Zoey's wrists-her hands weren't tied.

Before the outsider could utter a word, Gavi moved, like a catapult he brutally kicked one of the outsiders into the back of his head. The impact sent the man's skull smashing into the stone wall. The sickening crunch of bone cracking echoed through the room as blood sprayed across the surface, leaving a dark, red stain where his face met the stone. His body slumped, lifeless.

Zoey didn't hesitate. In one swift motion, she punched into the throat of the other outsider kneeling. The force of the punch collapsed his windpipe, leaving him gasping and clutching at his throat as he fell backward, choking on his own breath.

The third outsider barely had time to blink. The speed and precision of the attack left him frozen, his mind struggling process the action.

After Gavi kicked the outsider, the sheer force of the kick sent him stumbling forward. Instinctively, he braced himself against the wall with both hands to stop his momentum. His heart pounded as he quickly twisted his head to check on the third outsider. The man was to his right, slightly behind him, already reaching for his sword. Gavi knew he had only seconds to react.

Without hesitation, he spun his body and hit him with his right elbow in the face, putting everything he had into the strike but he didn't stop there. Using the momentum, he followed up with a fierce left hook, catching the outsider in the face. The force sent a spray of blood from the man's nose, splattering across Gavi's knuckles.