2] social media?

The trend of suicide among minors is on a high streak. Now and then, I hear about incidents happening all around, and the fact that they have become so common that people are less bothered, except the family members of the victim.

I belong to India, a country with a huge population, mostly belonging to the age group of 15-24. We refer to them by several words like youngsters, teenagers, bright minds, the new generation, the Gen Z, our future.
But seeing this, I do think that our future is indeed in danger, not at all secure.

Did you ever think that a situation would come when suicides would happen due to refusing your children to download a social application?
Well, yes, it has.

A 16-year-old girl committed suicide because her father refused to let her download the Snapchat application. Am I the only one who thinks that this reason is stupid? Indeed, I don't know if she had been suffering from any other external sufferings, but still, why?

Teenagers nowadays are suffering from difficulties like depression, anxiety, insomnia, anger issues, mental health, etc. Then they take meds to overcome those. Why are they suffering from these in the first place?

Not wanting to be an Indian mother, but can't stop myself from asking- is it because of their exposure to mobile phones at a young tender age, social media, and several different videos on it? They are still too young to know what's right and what isn't, and if they grew up seeing/watching things that aren't good.

I'm afraid they'll end up thinking things they do are best for them, which isn't the truth. So are we really giving them the correct education?

Social media has somewhat changed their mentality.
Nowadays teenagers can't help but compare themselves to others on the internet ..not being aware that what they usually see is not the reality. Many of the influencers fake their videos just to receive views.

Do tell me, what do you think is the right age at which the child should have their own personal phone?

According to me, it's 16-17 years, like its idol.
(They'll enter in college by this time)

Do share your views.

////////////////////////////
Written by: MK

Published on: 7th July 2024

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\