CHAPTER 2

Lila  was curious to know who had the familiar voice. She needed to confirm if her suspicions were right. As the blindfold was removed, her eyes almost popped out of their sockets.

It could only be one person who had the guts.

“Let her speak too. I’m sure she has a lot to say to me,” Victoria  said with a wicked smile.

After the tape was pulled off, Lila  muttered in a faint tone, “So, it was really you?” Her words made Victoria  burst into loud laughter.

“And what will you do about it? Call Adams? What will you tell him? Oh, wait. I know… ‘Adams, Victoria  kidnapped me.’ Do you honestly think he’ll believe a word you say? Haha! Should I shock you even more?” Victoria  asked with a smirk.

Lila remained silent, though curiosity burned inside her. Victoria seemed to sense this and continued.

“While you were calling Adams, he was with me. I think that was when my boys were on their way to kidnap you... I can’t believe you had the audacity to interrupt our romantic evening. You know what people in love do, right?” She started laughing again, seeing how Lila was in tears.

“After everything I did for you? Without me, do you think any of this would be yours? I took you in and—” Lila began, but Victoria cut her off.

“Shhh... You’re too emotional, and it annoys me. Yes, you did help me, and for that, I’m truly grateful.” Her voice dripped with sarcasm. “Oh, my dear savior. Lila, the understanding wife and fool. The fragile woman with the bleeding heart. Ha! And what has that gotten you? Let’s get to the point. The truth is, I’ve fallen in love with your husband. And why wouldn’t I? He’s wealthy, and I want him. Look here!” She held up her wrist, showing off a sparkling diamond bracelet.

Lila’s breath caught in her throat. She recognized it instantly. Two nights ago, she’d found it in one of Adams’ black suits after he came home from work. She had thought he was going to gift it to her, but he hadn’t—and she hadn’t dared to ask.

“So, he bought it for you?” Lila’s voice was barely audible.

“Huh? I didn’t catch that. Could you speak up?” Victoria mocked, and Lila rolled her eyes in anger.

She couldn't believe that her good deeds had turned out to be the worst mistake she had ever made in her life. Victoria —the woman she had favored, someone who couldn't even feed herself and wore only rags—now had the audacity to kidnap her and confess her love for her husband.

“I love that look on your face. I want more than just an angry expression. I want your heart to bleed.” And Lila scoffed.

“You’re a psychopath. I regret ever helping you.” Lila voiced out.

Victoria  moved closer, taking a seat directly opposite Lila, while the others in the room stood by.

“I’ve always envied you, Lila. The way Adams treated you with so much love. I wanted that too. I wanted to be pampered the same way, to be spoiled like a queen. Adams knows how to treat a woman. I want to be Mrs. Adams, and for that to happen, you need to disappear. Being his mistress isn’t enough; I want him all to myself,” Victoria  declared, her voice cold and serious.

“Just let me go. I’ll divorce him and leave. You’ll never see me again. I’ll start a new life far away from here, with a new identity. Let me go, and Adams is all yours,” Lila pleaded, her voice trembling with desperation. She looked around the room, pleading silently with the men who surrounded them.

She could tell they were thugs who had probably killed before.

“Is Mrs. Adams begging for her life?” Victoria  asked loudly.

Lila was the only one nodding. She had no choice and needed to protect her unborn child.

“I swear to you, I’ll leave everything behind and go. I only need a small amount of money to get by until I’m settled,” Lila said, her voice cracking.

Her original plan had been to leave Adams with nothing, but now she was pregnant. She needed money to care for herself and the baby.

“See, Lila, I’d love to spare you for old times’ sake. But I can’t take that risk. I know you’re pregnant with Adams’ child. One day, your bastard will come looking for his father and maybe even try to reunite with—” Lila interrupted her.

“No. I promise you, my child will never know his father exists. I’ll lie to him, make up stories,” Lila said, her voice hoarse.

“I can’t be certain of that. Nothing can go wrong. Everything connected to you must end.” Victoria ’s voice was icy as she twitched her fingers twice. One of the men left the room.

“What did you tell him to do?” Lila asked, panic rising in her chest. She struggled against her bonds, but it was useless. Victoria  just watched, enjoying every moment of Lila’s terror.

The man returned, handing something to Victoria.

“Thank you,” Victoria said, turning back to Lila. “Let’s begin.” She stood up and signaled the men behind Lila to hold her still.

“What is that?” Lila’s heartbeat thundered as Victoria approached.

“Something to ensure everything goes according to plan,” Victoria replied, her voice eerily calm as she stood in front of Lila.

Without a minute to spare, Victoria forced Lila’s mouth open and tilted her head back. She shoved a tablet into Lila’s mouth, then poured water down her throat. One of the men clamped his hand over Lila’s nose, forcing her to swallow.

Gasping for air, Lila choked down the tablet, coughing violently.

“What is that?” She demanded between coughs.

The taste of the medicine was unlike anything she’d ever experienced.

“An abortion pill,” Victoria said coldly. Lila’s jaw dropped, and tears rolled down her cheeks.

“How can you be so heartless? You’ll pay for this. I’ll make sure of it. You’ll rot in jail,” Lila swore, but Victoria  showed no concern. She was unshaken by the threats because her plans had to work out perfectly.

“Oh, I’m so scared. Aren’t you boys terrified too?” she mocked, and her gang chuckled. “Did I say you’ll live to tell the tale? You see, Lila, everything ends today. All of this is just to show you that life isn’t fair. I went through hell as a child, suffered the worst punishments, while you—you were handed everything on a silver platter. You were adored and praised, never knowing what it was like to struggle.”

Victoria took a few steps backward with both hands behind her. She was undeniably sexy. Her chest full and her shape good enough to be attractive. No wonder Adams had fallen for her. Truly, like her husband said, Victoria was everything she wasn’t.

“And your husband will finally have some goodnews,” Victoria added with a sinister smile.

“Ahhhhhh...!” Lila screamed as pain shot through her abdomen. She could feel her child struggling to survive.

“You know what to do,” Victoria said to the man who seemed to be their leader before she walked out, leaving Lila alone with them.

She didn't want to see blood as it always makes her vomit.

AUTHORESS NOTE:
Tell me what you think about Victoria?

I don't get why she is so adamant that Lila will have to leave the world first. Can't she just let the woman go already? And she said something about her plans. What do you think?

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me up.
Mwah! 😚