Chapter Eighteen: Pack Education:

As the truck began to pull up to the pack house, James’s eyes bugged out of his head. “That is not a house! Oh my God, it’s immense!! That is the biggest mansion ever!! What is it like four floors?” 

Alpha Maddox gave an uneasy smile. “Actually, it is six.”

“Man, does everyone in your pack stay here?”

“Nah, it is mainly for our warriors. Although some of our warriors have their houses on pack land. My beta, Gamma, and I live in the pack house. We also have multiple empty rooms in case a pack member needs a place to stay or for anyone visiting from an alliance pack who needs a room.”

When the truck stopped in front of the pack house, James sat up straighter. “Man, this is crazy.”

Alpha Maddox chuckled. “Come on, guys. Leah said the food is being served.”

Colton flew out of the backseat, followed by Ryder. The both of them climbed the stairs and went inside so quickly. James looked at Maddox, confused. “Is there going to be enough food?”

“Oh, you don't have to worry about that. There are always tons of leftovers for anyone who was either on patrol or just couldn’t make it when the food was served. Plus, Leah always makes sure there are sandwiches and other food and all kinds of drinks stocked in the kitchen. That woman is definitely sent from the Goddess herself.”

Maddox and James climbed out of the truck and walked up the stairs. Once they were inside, James was once again staring wide-eyed like a child seeing something for the first time. 

When he walked in the door,the room opened up into a huge living room with two extra large charcoal grey reclining sectionals and an extra large charcoal grey reclining couch. There were also two extra large charcoal grey reclining chairs which were all positioned in front of a huge flat-screen TV. 

James continued to follow Maddox through the house wide-eyed. On the right side of the room, he saw a huge carpeted staircase with metal decorative railings on both sides. 

There was a door at the end of the hall that James followed Maddox through. If James thought his eyes were bulging before in amazement, that was nothing compared to now. The room that they entered was huge, and there were so many people eating at one time. “Geez, how many people are in here?”

Maddox laughed. “Without counting, there is no way to know for sure. However, not everyone is here. Our pack has one thousand and fifty members. Right now, we have sixty long tables with twenty chairs at each to accommodate all of our pack members and any guests. However, if our pack grew between our guests and any new members more than one hundred and fifty, we could fit another table of twenty in here. Plus, I could always expand the room beyond that wall.”

Alpha Maddox pointed to the wall at the far side of the room. 

“Oh my!”

Maddox laughed at James’s surprise as they walked over to the head table. Maddox sat down in his seat, and Ryker, who was sitting on Maddox’s right side, waved James over to sit next to him. 

The table they were sitting at had quite a few chairs empty. There was one empty chair by Maddox, one by Ryker, one by Colton, and one by Caleb, along with six empty chairs on the opposite side of the table. 

James sat down by Ryker. Then he looked around at all the empty seats at their table with a confused expression on his face. “What are you guys spaced out for?”

Ryker turned toward James. “Well, in a pack, the head table is for the leadership of the pack and guests. Now, since Maddox is the Alpha, he sits there.”