Chapter 14

Word count: 2737

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

The aftermath of the battle with Todoroki still buzzed in your mind. Even though you'd won, the weight of everything felt heavier than expected. You walked the halls towards the student area, staring at your hands, replaying every move, every exchange of words.

'Hopefully he can take that first step to embrace his power' you wonder to yourself, thinking back to the conversation that you, him and Midoriya had. 'I think we helped enough, but it'll be up to him.'

As you rounded the corner, a familiar mop of purple hair caught your eye. A smirk crossed your face as you crossed your arms. "Just can't get enough of me, huh?" you ask with a teasing tone.

Shinsou looked up, his eyes narrowing slightly in amusement. He chuckled softly. "Maybe, maybe not," he replied, his voice low and calm. "Guess we'll never know."

You raised an eyebrow, leaning casually against the wall. "You're always so mysterious," you remarked, crossing your arms. "But seriously, what's up? You plotting something?"

Shinsou shrugged, a small smile tugging at his lips "Just came to congratulate you on making it to the finals"

"Really?" you asked amused , tilting your head slightly in curiosity. "You don't seem like the type to just hand out compliments." Shinsou's smile grew a little wider. "Don't get used to it. But watching you handle Todoroki like that... impressive. I didn't expect you to take him down."

You chuckle, brushing a strand of hair out of your face, "Remember I said I was gonna be on that podium when we first met" Shinsou gave a soft scoff, his eyes narrowing slightly with amusement. "Yeah, I remember. You said a lot of things back then"

Thinking on his words, you blushed in embarrassment, "Yea...I did, didn't I?" Shinsou's smirk widened as he noticed the slight blush creeping across your cheeks. "Didn't expect you to actually get embarrassed. You were so sure of yourself back then."

You rubbed the back of your neck, avoiding his gaze. "Well, confidence is key, right? But yeah... sorry about that. I may have said a bit too much back then." He chuckled, crossing his arms. "Don't worry, I started it anyway. Can't say I'm disappointed though, you've backed it up so far. And we're friends now, right?"

"Yea, friends" you agree smiling.

"TOKOYAMI GIVES UP! BAKUGOU ADVANCES TO THE NEXT ROUND!" you both hear midnight yell out

"Well, Better hope you don't freeze up in the finals," Shinsou teased, his tone light but his gaze sharp."Freeze? Me? You're funny," you retorted, your confidence fully returning, as you both walked to your respective areas.