𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑-𝟏

"मैं जबसे तेरे प्यार के रंगों में रंगी हूँ,
जागते हुए सोई रही,
नींदों में जागी हूँ।"

The sound of anklets soothed the already silent room, as she slowly tip-toed to the door of the huge room, opening it just enough to catch a glimpse of her husband. This was the first time, she could see him clearly.

Roopisha turned 17 just a few days ago, and her family received the proposal of the richest and the most influential family of the nearby village. The Kasar family was shocked as no one had ever expected such a proposal for their poor household.

Just like any other girl, Roopisha dreamed of her husband being a prince in disguise. She had grown up listening to the stories of prince and princess from her mother and longed for a husband who would treat her the same. All her friends had already married and she was the last one to marry in the group.

After the proposal of the Thakkar family was agreed to, Roopisha was forbidden to step outside her home. Though bored, she patiently spent her time inside, in cooking and learning the household chores more efficiently. She had learnt from her mother the tasks she would have to do as a daughter in law. She was very diligent in every work she did and her mother was already very proud of her for this.

Her mother, Bhavni, taught her the essential duties of married life. She explained to her how she was confined to every demand of her husband. Her husband's words were final and she has to follow it. She explained the importance of the wedding night night and though, she asked Roopisha to let her husband do anything with her, she didn't explain anything about intimacy thinking Roopisha already knew it.

Days passed by, and the wedding day began approaching. She felt a mix of anxiety and jitters
that made her nauseous sometimes. She would have to leave her Maa and Bhabhi, whom she loves the most. She didn't know how she would manage everything.

The groom and bride weren't allowed to see each other before the official wedding and it was usually the family that met the prospective bride and groom. As nervous as Roopisha was, she was very excited to meet her prince, the one she had been hearing and waiting for so long.

She was standing in the huge mansion that belonged to her husband. She was in the corridor of the first floor and could clearly see her husband sitting on the sofa downstairs with a group of men. Her face was still veiled but she made sure no one from the family could see her. A shy smile crept up her lips. She was just like the prince she had imagined.

His hair was slightly long in the front, touching his forehead, his little stubble and a lean muscular body made her feel intimidated and shy at the same time. He was so much bigger than her. She sensed some sound of anklets indicating that someone was coming upstairs so she immediately ran back to their room and jumped on the bed, sitting in the centre while making sure there was no wrinkle on the bed.

She covered her face properly with the veil and smiled as she heard the ladies coming inside. She could see through her veil that it was her mother in law, and her husband's chachi along with Kanan and some other ladies. She had met them all before marriage.

"Ghunghat hatalo beta. Humare jaane ke baad pehen lena"

(Unveil yourself beta. You can wear it back once we leave)

Roopisha heard a lovely voice and she timidly nodded before removing the veil completely. She could feel everyone present looking at her as if they had never seen her before.