𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑-𝟕

Mivaan was busy packing his bag, stealing glances at Roopisha, who sat nearby, quietly crying with her face hidden in her hands.

The factory job required him to leave, and the night before, he hadn't told her, choosing to savor their time together instead.

He had to leave the house in an hour, and there she was, crying loudly, as if he had harshly scolded her.

"Kya hua hai jaan? Don't cry like this"

(What happened jaan? Don't cry like this)

He spoke, concern clear on his face as he moved towards her and gently cupped her face in his hands.

She looked at him, sniffing and hiccuping, her face flushed red and her cherry-like nose making him chuckle. Even in this state, she looked adorable to him.

"Hume chhor ke mat jaiye. Hume aapki bohot yaad aayegi."

(Don't leave me here. I will miss you a lot.)

She cried, clutching his arms, and his heart ached seeing her tears. Yet, at the same time, he felt a sense of warmth, knowing he meant so much to her that she didn't want him to leave.

"Mujhe jaana hoga, baccha. Aur agar tum mujhe nahi jaane dogi, toh main jaldi nahi aa paunga."

(I need to go, baby. And if you don't let me go, I won't be able to come early too.)

He replied, gently wiping away her tears and helping her stand on her feet.

Wrapping his arms around her waist, he pulled her close and smiled, gently stroking the back of her head.

She nestled closer, sobbing uncontrollably. In just a few days, he had become her whole life, and all she could think about was being near him, seeking his attention and love.

"Hum nahi reh payenge. Hume le chaliye na."

(I won't be able to stay. Take me with you, please.)

She cried, wrapping her arms around his neck like a child, and he couldn't help but laugh at her cuteness.

"You are such a cute baby. Hmm. Hum le chalte tumhe par wo jagah nahi aapke jaane layak. Hum aate hi aapko ghumane le chalenge kahi. Bas!"

("You are such a cute baby. Hmm. I would take you with me, but that place isn't suitable for you. I'll take you out as soon as I come back, okay?"

He tried his best to soothe her, murmuring gentle words in her ear. Finally, she stopped crying and nodded her head. She realized she couldn't keep pestering him with her demands.

He wiped her tears with his hand and smiled, causing her to faintly smile back. He rubbed his nose against hers, earning a soft giggle from her.

"Hum jaaye ab? Ya abhi aur rone ka plan hai aapka?"

(Shall I go? Or do you have more plans of crying?)

He asked, teasing her with raised brows, and she playfully hit his chest, shyly looking down. Chuckling at her reaction, he slung his bag over his shoulder and kissed her forehead, letting out a sigh as he took in her sight one last time before leaving.

He went downstairs, with Roop following behind, her face clouded with sadness at the thought of his departure.

Everyone had already gathered to see him off, except his elder brother, who was likely occupied with his useless friends. Mivaan respectfully touched the feet of the elders and then hugged his mother, softly whispering something in her ear.

Sitara smiled at him, patting his cheeks before he left the house.

"Roop, jaa chai bana ke laa aur humare kamre mein kuch kapde hain, Kanan. Jaa ke dho de."