𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑-𝟓

Mivaan returned home, exhausted. He had spent the day signing deals and dealing with issues regarding the steel plant's quality. His body was tired, and the weight of the day's work was still heavy on his mind.

As soon as he stepped inside, his eyes fell on the one thing that made the house feel like a home-a sight that instantly warmed his heart.

His little wife was bustling back and forth between the kitchen and the living room, carefully setting the dishes on the table one by one. At the same time, she was chatting with Mala, who was lending her a helping hand.

The nuptial chain dangled between her chest, drawing his gaze, while her mehendi-covered hands caught his attention from a distance. The sway of her hips each time she rushed from one place to another made his breath catch in his throat.

She was his wife. His beautiful wife.

The only thing that didn't do justice to her beauty was the veil, and he so badly wanted to remove it in front of everyone. But some age-old traditions couldn't be challenged with violence-they required more subtle measures.

He settled onto the sofa next to his mother, who was waiting for the others to join them for dinner. As soon as Roopisha noticed her husband on the couch, she hurried inside to fetch him a glass of water.

A shy smile danced on her lips as she handed him the glass, their fingers brushing slightly. That gentle touch sent a flutter of butterflies racing in her stomach.

Once everyone had finished their dinner, they left for their respective rooms leaving Roopisha who cleared the table, cleaned the kitchen, and washed the dishes with Kanan, who offered minimal help but pretended to be involved.

Afterward, she finally had her own dinner and prepared a warm glass of turmeric milk for her husband.

"Kis liye de rahi hai ye? Tera pati to vaise bhi bohot dard deta hai raat me. Badhana chahti hai kya apna dard?"

("Why are you giving this? Your husband already gives you a lot of pain at night. Do you want to increase your pain?")

Kanan mocked her, attempting to remind her of the beastly things her husband had done, unaware that Mivaan hadn't actually touched her the previous night; it had all been an act to distract them.

"Bhabhi, jyada dard nahi hua tha. Hum bas thak gaye the. Or vaise bhi maa ne kaha hai ki inhe dudh bohot pasand hai. To hum inke liye le jaa rahe"

("Bhabhi, it didn't hurt much. I was just tired. And besides, mom said that he loves milk a lot, so I'm taking it for him.")

Roopisha replied, a soft smile always playing on her lips. She loves doing anything for her husband and loves it even more when he pays attention to her.