loan

That morning was chaotic, but in the best way possible. Abby's excitement was contagious, her voice full of energy as she burst into the bedroom, practically bouncing off the walls. You could barely open your eyes at first, still groggy, but her words quickly snapped you awake. "The loan got approved!" she exclaimed, her face glowing with joy.

It took a second for it to sink in, but when it did, you felt a wave of relief and happiness wash over you. This was it—the breakthrough she had been waiting for. After the mess with her previous business partner, who took off with the invested money (your money, no less), Abby had been understandably hesitant about letting you get involved again. She'd made it clear that she didn't want you to shoulder any more of the burden, but you never blamed her. It wasn't her fault, and you knew that deep down she was only trying to protect you. But this moment—this approval—was a victory she deserved.

"Babe, that's amazing!" you finally managed to say, your grogginess replaced with pure happiness. You could feel her relief as she rushed over to you, her face lit up in a way you hadn't seen in a while. This wasn't just about the money; it was about reclaiming her confidence, her independence, after the setback.

Without thinking twice, you made a decision. "Today, all of us are taking the day off," you announced, a grin spreading across your face. "You, me, and our little one—we're going to celebrate and enjoy it to the fullest."

Abby laughed, clearly surprised but pleased by your spontaneous declaration. "Are you serious?" she asked, raising an eyebrow in that playful way she does.

"Absolutely. You deserve this day, and we deserve to enjoy it together."

The excitement was palpable as you started planning the day in your head. But before anything else, you wanted to shower Abby with love—and chocolates. You rummaged through the kitchen to find her favorite kind, the ones she could never resist. When you handed them to her, her eyes lit up even more, and the smile on her face was everything you could've hoped for.

"Remember the first time we ate chocolate together?" you teased, leaning in closer. Abby chuckled, already knowing where you were going with this. "You smeared it all over your face."

She laughed, the memory vivid in both of your minds. It was from one of your earliest dates, when the two of you had shared a ridiculous amount of chocolate and somehow ended up in a playful mess, smearing it on each other like kids. "And you tried to act like you weren't covered in it too," she shot back, shaking her head at the thought.

The nostalgia made the moment even sweeter. You wrapped your arms around her, pulling her in for a hug, grateful for the way life had brought you both here—through the ups and downs, the setbacks, and now this victory.

As your child woke up, rubbing her eyes, you scooped her up into the excitement too, letting her feel the joy of the day. The three of you were about to make new memories, full of love and laughter, and you were determined to make sure Abby knew just how proud you were of her—today and always.