tuesday

It's late evening in your solid wooden house, the one that feels like a tranquil forest retreat, with tall trees surrounding it and soft, golden light filling every corner. The house is usually alive with warmth, laughter, and love, but today, there's a heaviness in the air. You and your wife had an argument, something small that spiraled into hurtful words. You know what you said hurt her deeply, and though you've apologized, she's still upset—especially because it touched on something personal to her. The positivity that usually fills your home feels distant, replaced by tension.

Dinner was quiet, your daughter's cheerful chatter filling the silence, but your wife's usual bright smile was missing. After putting your little girl to bed, you gather your thoughts. Despite the lingering argument, you carry on with the nightly tradition of telling bedtime stories. Your daughter falls asleep easily, and while your wife listens too, she remains silent, still upset but comforted by the sound of your voice.

Once they're both asleep, you get up and quietly start handling the remaining household chores, tidying up the kitchen, folding laundry, and making sure everything is in order for the next day. Even though it's past midnight, you don't stop—you know how much your wife appreciates it when you help her out, especially when things feel off between you. Afterward, you sit down to finish some school work, the clock ticking, but your mind wandering back to the argument.

As you work, you hear soft footsteps. You look up, and there she is, watching you from the doorway. Her eyes still carry the weight of the argument, but there's a softness in them now. She walks over to you, her voice quiet but honest, telling you how much she hated the way you spoke to her during the argument. She doesn't hold back, expressing how much it hurt, and you listen, really hearing her this time.

Then, after a pause, she sighs and says she's sorry for avoiding you all day. She knows how much you care, and she doesn't like holding onto anger. She leans in, her lips brushing against yours in a sweet, forgiving kiss, telling you she still loves you. That simple gesture—her reaching out to you—breaks the tension that's been there all day.

What follows is a moment of pure connection, the kind that takes your breath away. You both end up in bed, where the closeness between you feels electric, just like it did the first night you were together. Memories of that night rush back as you hold each other tightly, every touch reminding you of the love and passion that binds you two together.

Afterward, you cuddle up under the soft glow of the moonlight filtering through the window. You give her a gentle forehead kiss and quietly promise her, "I'll never do anything to hurt you again." She looks up at you, her expression softening into a smirk, and says, "I know you won't."

And with that, the argument feels like a distant memory, replaced by the warmth of reconciliation and the comfort of knowing that, no matter what, your love for each other is stronger than any words spoken in anger. You fall asleep, holding her close, feeling grateful for the life you've built together and knowing that tomorrow is another chance to show her just how much she means to you.