Part 2

A month later

Lucy's POV
I knew what was wrong. It had been int eh back of my mind since that night with Tim. Waking up and realising that drunken us had definitely forgotten to use protection.
Then I was one, then two weeks late.
Yeah I was pregnant, wasn't I.
Well shit. That wasn't meant to happen.

I went to the drug store after one of my shifts. Riding with Tim had become almost unbearable since that night. The fact Tim didn't remember a second of it drove me mad. I bought three different tests. I couldn't for even one second be unsure of the results.

I peed on teg sticks. I left the sticks. I passed around the apartment. I passed around the apartment some more. I passed around the apartment even more. I heard the ding of the timer.

Deep down I already knew what the tests would say. Yeah.... All three showed I was definitely pregnant. Great. Just great.

For one, the father of my child would be my boss. Second, I was 23 and third!
I didn't even have a third, I was just. UH!

I walked into the station the next day, handing in my request to be transferred to the north Hollywood division effective immediately.

"Oh Chen, why are you transferring? Don't you like it here?"
"Oh no sir, I love it here.... It's personal matters"
"Ok, I'm glad you have enjoyed your time in Mid-Wilshire station, your last day here will be on Friday, in three days"
(Its Tuesday)
"Thank you sir, and I really have loved working with you. Oh and can you not tell anyone please, I want to tell them in my own time"
"Oh course officer Chen"
I left the officer feeling sad. I knew it had to be done. Equally I knew that they would pry into why I was leaving. So in a way, me telling them in my own time would be me just..... leaving.

I started packing up my apartment that eavning after shift. Practically everything was being sold. I was moving into a larger apartment and it same fully furnished. Everything I took could be loaded into my car. And it was, loaded and ready to just drive off.

I walked into my apartment again, it felt so empty. I felt bad not telling anyone I was leaving. But it was for the best. Exactly. For the best.

On Saturday at roll call

Tim's POV
"Sir?"
"Yes Officer Bradford?"
"Is my rookie taking a personal day? you know they aren't really allowed personal days"
"Oh, did Lucy not tell you guys?"
Suddenly everyone was listening and I was confused
"Tell us what?"
Grey suddenly seemed saddened
"Officer Chen transferred to the North Hollywood division, stating today"
You could hear a pin drop. No, Lucy hadn't told us that.
She was leaving. She was already...... gone.
My rookie had left, without so much as a goodbye.

Angela's POV
Oh. Lucy was gone. She hadn't told...... anyone?
That want like her at all. I tried calling her.
She had me blocked?!
"Tim try calling her, for some reason she's blocked me?"
Tim tried as well. Then Aaron, Nyla, Nolan, even Smitty.
Nothing. She had blocked everyone.
Why?!
My detective brain started to kick in.
She wouldn't, Lucy what was wrong with you?

Grey's POV
Wow. I had expected Lucy would have told them. Especially Tim. So this was why Lucy didn't want me to tell anyone, she didn't want anyone to know.
Tim looks so sad.
As does everyone, except Angela
Angela looks mad, Angela looks like she's figuring out a plan that involves only her and getting Lucy back.
A valiant and noble cause.

Lucy's POV
I look down at my dashboard and see the time. Roll call with have finished an hour ago, everyone will be coming to terms with the fact I'm gone. I do feel bad for blocking everyone. But they can't know. Not about why I left. Not about the baby, Tim's baby.
And staying in contact means they will come over, they will see me. They will see that I have kids. They aren't stupid. They will know when the baby was conceived.
It's basics.

I placed one hand over my stomach. A baby. An actual baby. I was going to be a mother. I wasn't going to lie and say that I was ready and completely happy to have a baby. I wasn't. I knew that. But I wasn't sad either. It wasn't love, it wasn't hate. I was just indifferent. Yeah.

I drove up to my new place. A three bedroom apartment, I had a new roommate as well. Tamara.
Tamara was going to be my nanny, in exchange for a place to stay. She was homeless before, and only 17. So I offered her a place. It all worked out quite well really.

I went to my first appointment the next week. I wanted Tim there more than anything. But my newfound friend Tamara was enough.

"So as it's your first appointment I will start with an ultrasound to check everything is moving alone nicely"
I felt the cold gel on my abdomen.
The doctor looked at the screen for a second, moving the wand thingy backwards and forwards across me.
"Would you look at that" she finally said something
"What?!" I was completely panicking, despite the doctors calm face
"Is something wrong with my baby"
The doctor was quick to comfort me
"No, it's nothing bad at all. Your having twins"
Twins?!
I was barely prepared for a single child let alone two.
"Oh" I wasn't mad at the fact I was having twins. I just..... Needed to come to terms with it first.

I left the appointment after they did a few more tests. I was having twins. I couldn't really believe it.

Five years later
(Sorry for the big time jump)

I'm struggling. I mean I love my two girls more than anything. Annabell Sofia Bradford and Claudia Bella Bradford. They were beautiful. And annoying looked so much like their dad. Identical twins. Who looked exactly like their dad. I knew it was probably wrong of me to give them Tim's surname.

At this point Tim would easily be able to sue me for parental alienation. I hadn't even told him about the fact he had two entire three year olds. I felt guilty, not not enough to tell him. Still I kept everything, each ultrasound picture, award, photo, stored away in a neat little box under my bed. In case by some miracle Tim every found out and wanted memories.

Angela's POV
Why couldn't I let Lucy go?! It had been four years! I just refused to believe she had left because she wanted a change.

Lucy had made detective two years ago, Tim was a Sargent now, why was I still hung up over this? Everyone else had moved on entirely. Even Tim had stopped asking everyone if they had heard anything after a year. I was this close to just forging a signature to access the IA file and find where Lucy is.

Lucy's POV
I picked up a razor, making a thin line of blood appear down my arm. I-i couldn't do it anymore. Apart from Tamara and the twins, I was completely and utterly alone. Although I had made detective a year ago, not one colleague liked me, I was to nice, to mean, a try hard, a slacker, overly confident, shy. I just couldn't do it anymore.
I dropped the blade and just sank to the door sobbing.

I picked up my phone and unlocked a single number, sending one text.
'come to 128 Leland street alone. I'm not in danger. I just need to talk to someone and I chose you. Lucy'
It was short and sweet. I wasn't even sure if she still had my number.

Angela's POV
I saw a text come through on my phone. I almost dismissed it figuring it was just one of my friends. Then I looked at it.
Lu-lucy?!?!
I probably broke traffic laws driving over to the address I was going as fast a possible.
Lucy had text me. After four impossibly long years I had heard from Lucy. But why?

As I neared the apartment I saw it was in a nice area, plenty of families having fun at the park nearby. I pulled into the carpark and saw Lucy. She seemed ok enough. She wasn't injured that I could see and she seemed healthy.

I approached her carefully, resisting the urge to just squeeze her to death.