15.Caught in the Act

For some reason, I thought he looked rather... adorable.

  I was about to call out to him when muffled voices drifted in from the hallway outside.

  My expression changed, and I froze.

  One of the voices clearly belonged to Shawn.

  Yaron's face darkened, but he reacted faster than I did.

  By the time Shawn pushed the door open, my clothes had already been stuffed into the closet by Yaron, my shoes kicked under the bed.

  He himself was climbing into bed, pulling the covers up.

  Only a single nightlight illuminated the room, casting everything in a dim glow.

  I hid under Yaron's blanket.

  The only sign of my presence was the slight rise and fall of the duvet.

  Even if Shawn came closer, he wouldn't be able to tell unless he looked very carefully.

  "Why is it so dark in here?" Shawn asked curiously.

  "I have a bit of a headache from the rain," Yaron replied, his hand reaching under the blanket to lightly grip my fidgeting wrist.

  The bed was only a meter and a half wide, and Yaron, with his height and long limbs, took up most of the space.

  My entire body was practically plastered against his.

  I could feel his firm abdomen as I breathed.

  "Alright then," Shawn said, not bothering to turn on the light.