Prologue

Underneath the vast open world the common folk live in, lies an entire ecosystem thriving on blood and malice. The underworld; the side of society where the sun don't shine on.

Far deeper than the dark web can reach

Far more exclusive than the 0.1% of the wealthy elites.

Far more corruptively deep-rooted than any political influence

The underworld holds all of these in its clutches, yet it goes much deeper than any of these trivial facets. it is an embodiment of a shadow economy. An alternate dimension of society. A realm virgin from discovery of the excluded. To the surface people, the underworld is merely a concept of cheap fictional entertainment. A theme, setting, and plot for some teen writing smut. It would also be wrong to assume that the underworld runs the government from behind the curtain. In reality, you only have your surface level secret societies and politicians to blame for that. On the contrary, the Underworlders do not associate with surface affairs, existing only to sustain and conceal itself. Any political affairs and alignments in the underworld only exist within its realm and are moderated by its organizations; Mafia. Yakuza. Triad. Mob. Insert your native name for gang here, it exists somewhere, representing its territories. These organizations recognize each other and one other rule; the strongest dictates the laws of the underworld in its entirety.

The currency the underworld uses

What's ethical and frowned upon

who deserves to exist, live, punished

your status as an elite, a mere human, or tool

Your souls are already owned here. your bodies already have a price tag. Freedom; Volition and Consent are mere luxuries you waived off when you slipped into the shadows.