Part 7: Mr. Evil Vampire Dude

Part 7: Mr. Evil Vampire Dude

Authors note:  I will be changing up the writing style to in this book and as I go back to edit To Save My Daughter as well. The 1st person perspective has really limited the story and what it could be. So hopefully those that are continuing to read won’t be to confused by the sudden change to 3rd person.

*~*~***~*~*

“Damn her and damn her kid. Who does she think she is giving me an ultimatum?” Klaus raged. Slamming and locking the upper cellar door, he headed out into the night air. Now where did my little brother hide the wee lass? Klaus took off in a full speed sprint, back to in the direction of Ava’s house.

It didn’t take long for Klaus to cover the 26 miles between the abandoned cottage and her place. Allowing himself a clear view of the house, Klaus checked the surrounding areas to see if he could detect his bother.

“For fucks sake.” He roared. “He’s there and so is the kid. Just my luck.”

Just like the night before, Klaus stalked around to the backyard. Hoping the fence, he stood close to the building. Luckily there was no wind to give away his presence in the area. Placing his ear to the wall; he listened.

“I know why he took your mother; I just have no clue exactly where they may be.” Xander was trying to explain to Grace.

“Listen Mr. All Mighty Vampire, I want my mother and I want her now. You promised to keep her safe and you’re doing a really crappy job.”

Klaus laughed to himself. Maybe this kid isn’t all that bad.

“Okay, I do have a few ideas where they may be, but you’re not going with me do you understand?” Xander replied.

“Like hell. You think I’m staying here alone. I’m only thirteen. You’re taking me with you.” Grace said, trying to overpower Xander.

Klaus could here Xander pacing around the room. “You’re just like your mother. The foul mouths on the youth today.”

“Don’t give me that. I’ve heard you say worse.” Grace was to the point of being flipped. “I’m not staying her alone. Your creepy brother is out there and he has my mom!”

Xander sighed. He knew there was no use arguing with the kid. “You won’t be alone. I’ve sent for Nicole. You will stay here with her and that is fine.”

“And if I don’t stay here with Nicole, then what?” Grace asked.

Klaus was having a hard time keeping his laughter at bay. He might just enjoy having this little brat along for the ride; especially if she’ll keep her mother inline.

“Grrr!!!! If you don’t stay with Nicole, I’ll lock you in the steel attic of my house. Is that what you want?” Xander snapped.

“Oh… Dude. Hold on. I was just asking. Sheesh. So when is Nicole going to be here?” Grace asked.

“Soon. Once she’s here. I’m off.” Xander explained.

Silence filled the room for a moment. Klaus wondered what was going though the kids head. Hopefully something he could use to his benefit.

“Listen, Xander.” Grace interrupted the silence.

“Grrr.” Xander started growling. His rage building up; since he was having a difficult time keeping his temper buried within. It wasn’t just the fact that Grace was irritating him; it had to do more with the fact that he had no clue where his beloved Ava was.