CHAPTER 2.

First meeting.

POV. NOVA.

Music takes over the cabin, the windows are fogged up by the euphoria of people dancing in the darkness and twinkling lights. I receive the drinks that Alexandra gives me with a smile that I can't erase; I've been planning tonight for a week and everything is going perfectly.

"Thank you!"

I return to the heart of the party, to the golden throne that is at the top of the room in which they are waiting for me.

"Here you go, raspberry vodka for the birthday girl, and raspberry juice for the girl.

Megan greets me with a mocking smile from her throne and I sit on the step at her feet next to Debrah who tries to glare at me.

"May the next birthday be something quiet," Debrah asks, showing me a hair tie.

"Don't worry?" He retorted as he braided his red hair. For me, let the whole damn city find out!

"It was an exaggeration that you invited all Belmont, I don't know most of them," Megan says, raising her leg over my shoulder which I use as a pillow.

—The same group as always would have been boring.

"And it wasn't enough for you to have your quinceañera in a bar?" She objects, almost choking with laughter.

"I still don't know how you could rent an entire bar," Debrah thinks.

The answer is more than obvious.

Daddy believed the drama of not being able to have a waltz dance with him, and guilt made him loosen up.

Megan shares my laugh, but I immediately catch Debrah's change in posture that made me look at her. Why doesn't he laugh?

Something did not like it, it was clear.

"How much longer are you going to manipulate it?"

That was it.

Why does he ask as if he were the victim?

"Until one of us dies first," I reply. Preferably him.

"It's your father, I don't think you wish him dead."

I looked at her with my eyebrow raised.

"¡He abandoned my mother and me to make a new family member, that rots!"

Megan is the only rational one who supports me, Debrah has too pure and kind a heart to forgive everyone, but it's because she's never been abandoned.

"You're getting harder and harder on him who tries to apologize.

I frowned to the limit with some horror and bewilderment. Did he really say that? I scrutinized his face for any glimmer of lucidity in what he had just said, but I did not find it.

Megan tried to hold me by squeezing her leg to my body, I push her aside along with my glass to remind her of my reality.

"When your daddy throws you out like trash, leaves your mother in depressive episodes and you only receive greeting cards from him with a baby that is not you, you will understand why I will never forgive that man!"

Megan had to intervene, she put her hand on my chest to prevent me from yelling at her anymore and when I realized it, Debrah looked like a cornered mouse afraid of being eaten.

"I'll go get some air."

"Nova, I'm sorry. Not me...

The best thing is to walk away rather than take it out on her, the last thing I want is to hurt my friend, and with alcohol on top... I could say something I regret