Thirty one | S U P R I S E S

Soon enough we were at the house in Kildare, Rafe went in first with his bags and I closed the trunk, going inside.

As I stepped into our home, the familiar surroundings felt foreign after being stranded on a deserted island for eight long months. But nothing could have me prepared for the overwhelming sense of joy that came with holding Tommy, in my arms for the first time in eight months.

I went into the hallway, excited to hold Tommy, "Babe?" I open the door then go to Wards bedroom Or our bedroom now.

My eyes immediately fell on Sofia and Rafe engaged in conversation. I remember seeing a picture of her in his phone. He explained to me that she was once his summer fling. And for him to have her babysitting Tommy only set me off.
A surge of anger coursed through me as smiles and laughed with him. She was here, but that wasn't the worst part.

She was holding my son.

As Rafe looked at me, the weight of shattered trust between us suffused the room and then I look at Sofia. She mutters, "I'll um wait outside."

Rafe, attuned to my emotions, recognized the danger of my growing anger.

As Sofia made her way out beside me, I shake my head and could imagine myself punching her, but she isn't in my life. Rafe is and Rafe has clearly lost his fucking mind.

As Sofia finished grabbing her things I slam the door shut. Rafe pulls me away from the door. "Come on, don't do that."

We look at each other, both knowing something bad is about it happen, but not knowing how bad or how far It'll go.

I stepped up to him and looked up into his eyes. Then I turn around and grab a glass vase from the table and throw it at the wall behind him. "Sofia?" I ask.

He restraints my arms and pins me against the wall. "Fucking Sofia!?" I ask again.  "What the fuck is wrong with you?! How could you fucking do this to me?" I slap him and shove hands off of me. He pins me back against the wall. "How fucking stupid am I? And what, you and whatever girl you have over can just play house with my son? Hell no." I shove him off of me. "You piece of shit!"

He pushes me against the wall again. "Stop! Let me talk!" His gaze goes intense. "I don't want to go back and forth like this."

My wounded heart was not ready to listen. The doubts still lingered, "You were sneaking behind my back? Is that what this is?"

"You're scaring Tommy." He tells me. I look behind him to Tommy in his crib, his face was frowned. I grab Rafes arm and pull him into the closet, away from the baby. "Why the hell was Sofia in this house? Did you fuck her? It's that what happened?"

"I didn't fuck her."

I slap him on his chest. "Yeah but you want to! You want to you-"

"I don't! Who else was I supposed to call Scar? Should I have had my father!? or Rose!? Maybe Barry to babysit!? He deserves something better then what we had. That's all I want. That's what i'm doing. Sofia used to babysit so I called her. I was left with a little boy who I didn't know how to take care of. I needed help."

"I'm taking him back then." I go to leave the closet but he grabs my arm.

"What do you mean you're taking him back." He firmly grabs my arm.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I acknowledge his stern tone. "I want to take him for awhile until you take classes on how to learn how to take care of a child or maybe watch a few youtube videos, because that's what you should've done in the first fucking place!" I shove his hand away.

"You just came back to me what the fuck is wrong with you?"

"I can't do this anymore, Rafe!" I step up to him. "You let Sofia out of everyone babysit him! What the fuck, Rafe? You kissed Sofia last summer. You kissed her!" I push him.