"an early grave"

Leonardo and his brothers were full of rage after the funeral. A bowl of pain and loss was starting to boil over. But unnoticably, leos silence was absolute. He hadn't spoken a word to anyone since Splinters ghost spoke to him. His words echoed in his mind. Both at that moment, and before. Leo made many realizations that day, and saw the future.  Thats why leo purposefully shoved Raph off the roof after shredder shoved mikey and donnie off.

Their fight was furious. Flames engulfed them and burned them in many places. Leo used some homemade bombs and blew the ceiling in, trapping them inside.

"YOU WILL DIE TONIGHT, MUTANT!!" shredder yelled at him.

Not a moment later, shredder inpaled leo against one of the walls. Shredder started to calm his breath before it hitched. Leo stuck a sticky bomb on shredders chest. Shredder tried desperately to take it off as its beeping increased and released leo. Leo smiled softly as his panic as they made eye contact.

"Your rain.... is... over..."

... then everything went black...

After the fire burned out, the others stormed the building. It took them an hour but they eventually found leo. Or... what was left of him at least. Leo hoped his death marked the last and the ending of the war that went on their whole lives. Karai would make sure his brothers were never hunted again... they were safe... thats all that mattered.

Death was like he was asleep in water... with a cloth of some kind over himself and flowing elegantly...

It was peaceful.... more peaceful than anything leo had ever felt. He didn't feel different or weighed down...

He felt.... amazing...

But... then things felt off.... errieness crept into his senses.... then he was suddenly pulled and entered a full blown panic. He felt a jolt and sprang up from where he was laying and landed on his knees. He looked up at tigar claw who looked disgusted and ready to fight. His hatred showing in his glare.

"Leo...?" He heard mikeys voice whisper. He turned and spotted... everyone... casey, his brothers, april, the Mutanamals.... and... karai...

He tried to stand but quickly realized most of his leg mussels were gone. He stumbled to his feet with some effort and looked at his hands. He was a corpse... and zombie. He looked back up at his family confused. Mikey looked like he was about to cry while the others behind him stepped back in horror and shock.

Leo outstretched a hand twords them and took a step, trying to speak but all that came out was groans. He stumbled and fell. Mikey lundged forward and hugged him tightly on the ground, sobbing uncontrollably. Leo wrapped his arms around mikey with some difficulty. His gaze rose to the others, unaware of his eyes glowing in an errie dead blue.

He was back...

And so was shredder...