Chapter-14

Y/n's POV

The days following lunch with Tae felt different. Each time I passed by the sleek restaurant, my mind drifted back to our conversation, the way he’d looked at me, and the warmth of his presence. I found myself replaying his words, the sincerity behind them, and how it had felt to open up just a little.

Back at the office, I tried to focus, but the usual buzz of work was muted. My mind kept wandering to the idea of us—of what it could mean if I allowed myself to step outside my comfort zone. But doubts crept in. Was I ready for a relationship? Did I want to complicate my life even more?

As I sat at my desk, a soft knock broke through my thoughts. I looked up to see Nancy, my closest friend and confidante, standing in the doorway, a curious smile on her face.

"Hey, you," she said, stepping in. "You’ve been quiet. What’s going on?"

I hesitated, contemplating whether to share the whirlwind of emotions I’d been feeling. But Nancy was intuitive; she’d know something was up.

"I had lunch with Tae," I admitted, trying to sound casual.

Her eyes widened, excitement bubbling in her voice. "Tae Kim? The Tae Kim? Tell me everything!"

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "It was… different. We talked about work and life, but there was this moment where it felt more personal. Like, he sees me."

Nancy leaned against my desk, her expression serious. "That’s huge. What do you feel about him?"

"I don’t know," I replied, my voice barely above a whisper. "I’m torn. He’s incredible, but my life is so chaotic right now. I can’t just drop everything for a relationship."

"Isn’t that exactly why you need to consider it?" she challenged gently. "You’ve been so focused on work. Maybe you need someone to remind you that there’s more to life."

I chewed on her words, feeling the weight of my responsibilities pressing down on me. "I just don’t want to hurt him if I can’t give him what he deserves."

"Then take it slow," she suggested. "You don’t have to dive in headfirst. Just see where it goes. You owe it to yourself to explore this."

Her perspective resonated, and I felt a flicker of hope. Maybe Nancy was right. I could allow myself to feel, to explore this connection without overwhelming myself.

Tae's POV-

The next week passed in a blur of meetings and emails, but my thoughts continually drifted back to Yn. I couldn’t shake the feeling that our conversation had changed something between us. Each time I thought about her, a mixture of excitement and anxiety bubbled within me.

I decided to reach out. A simple text wouldn’t hurt.

*Hey, Yn. Hope you’re having a good week! Would you like to grab coffee this weekend?*

I hit send, my heart racing. Would she respond? Moments later, my phone buzzed.

*Hi, Tae! I’d love that. How about Saturday?*

Relief washed over me, and a smile crept onto my face.

*Perfect. I’ll pick you up at 10?*

*Sounds good!*

As Saturday approached, I found myself anxiously preparing. I chose a casual outfit that I hoped would convey confidence without being too formal. I wanted Yn to feel comfortable.

When I arrived at her apartment, I knocked, my heart pounding with anticipation. Moments later, the door swung open, and there she stood, looking effortlessly beautiful in a simple sundress.

"Hi," she said, a shy smile lighting up her face.

"Hey," I replied, unable to help the grin that spread across my lips. "Ready for some coffee?"

"Absolutely," she replied, and I felt a rush of warmth as she stepped out, closing the door behind her.

As we walked to a nearby café, the conversation flowed easily. We talked about everything from favorite books to childhood memories. With each laugh we shared, I felt the walls between us continue to crumble.

Sipping my coffee, I decided to be more open. "You know, I’ve never really felt this way about anyone before," I admitted, my eyes locking onto hers. "You’re different."

Her expression softened, and I could see the gears turning in her mind. "I feel it too," she confessed. "But I’m still figuring things out."

I nodded, understanding the weight of her words. "Take your time, Yn. I’m here for it all—whatever you need."

She smiled, and in that moment, everything felt right.

Y/n's POV

As the coffee date came to an end, I felt a mix of emotions—excitement, hope, and a hint of fear. We strolled through a nearby park, the sun shining brightly, illuminating the path ahead.

"Tae," I began, my heart racing. "I really appreciate your patience with me. It’s refreshing."

He looked at me, his expression earnest. "I believe good things take time. And I’m willing to wait for something worth it."

His words resonated deeply, soothing my doubts. Maybe I didn’t need to rush into anything. Maybe this was a chance to discover more about ourselves together.

As we reached a bench, I sat down, and he joined me. The atmosphere felt charged, the kind of tension that made the world around us fade. I could sense his gaze on me, filled with a mix of curiosity and admiration.

"Yn," he said, his voice low, "can I ask you something?"

"Of course," I replied, my heart pounding.

"What are you looking for in a relationship?"

I hesitated, weighing my words. "I want someone who understands my ambitions, but also someone who can challenge me to enjoy life. Someone who can be a partner, not just in work but in everything."

He nodded thoughtfully. "I want that too. I want to support your dreams, but I also want to be part of the moments that make life worthwhile."

His sincerity touched something within me, a flicker of something I had long denied myself. "Maybe we can figure that out together," I suggested, feeling braver than I had in days.

Tae smiled, that warm, genuine smile that melted away the last of my reservations. "I’d like that."

As the sun began to set, casting a golden glow around us, I felt a sense of peace wash over me. Perhaps this was the start of something beautiful—a journey of discovery, both of ourselves and of each other. And for the first time in a long while, I was ready to embrace it.