Chapter 11

Note: I am so sorry this has taken forever to update. I promise I'm trying to get better. Also i'm sure most of you have heard of the recent Saad trade. I'm going to try to work the trade into the story. Thanks for all of your votes and comments. It really makes my day and assures me that I need to keep updating for you guys!

"Ugh why did I even agree to this bet" I groaned as we pulled up to the bar

"Come on, the guys are waiting" Toews said smoothing his black button down

"You know you look nice Johnny Boy" I said trying to stall and back away slowly but he caught on pretty quick.

"Thank Munchkin, you do too" He said putting his hand on the small of my back guiding me towards the bar. I groaned.

"Hey!"

"She's here!"

"Get the liquor ready!"

A chorus of shouts echoed through the bar the second I walked through the door of the bar. Toews gently pushed me forward when I stopped dead in my tracks. Brandon's familiar face soon emerged from the mob of hockey players and Toews took that as a sign to vanish into thin air. Brandon was wearing a dark blue button down and jeans. I smiled when I saw him and he returned the smile.

"Jesus Riley, you look great," He said eyeing me from my black heels all the way to my blue sparkling eyes.

"Thanks Mr. Saad" I replied and giggled as he placed a hand on the bare sliver of my waist.

"You know..." He said moving closer to my ear

"All I really wanna do right now is kiss you"

I blushed and closed my eyes trying to play off as cool

"Riley!" I heard a high-pitched scream erupt from somewhere inside the mob of half drunk hockey players, which instantly dragged me out of my trance.

I looked at Brandon and we both rolled our eyes.

"Shaw" We said at the same time

He soon shuffled over balancing three shot glasses in his hands. I widened my eyes and hoped to god those weren't all for me.

"I wanted to be able to take the first shot with you!" He yelled clearly already a little buzzed. He handed one to me, one to Brandon and kept one to himself.

I glanced down at the clear liquid in the shot glass. Don't get me wrong I've been to a couple college parties where there was alcohol involved, but I very rarely got drunk.

And here I was a 19 year old in a bar with a 20-year-old hockey player that I was secretly dating. Someone that was just as underage as I was, both of us being influenced by a 22 year old. Some role model. I was definitely the baby of the bunch. But then I took a step back and reevaluated the whole situation: Here I was, a 19 year old, privileged to have an amazing internship opportunity with a professional hockey team. Out of it I made a lot of new friendships, gained a lot of life changing experiences and most of all found a boy who made me happy. I hadn't felt this way in such a long time. I know, soooo cheesy. The truth is, I almost felt guilty, but I thought of Jake and instantly knew this is what he would have wanted. Maybe not so much the drinking part, but definitely the making friends and living life part. He would have been so proud of me. And at that moment I knew it.

I looked at the two boys who were eyeing me intently. I couldn't help myself from smiling.

"Bottoms up, boys" I said throwing it back without another word.

They followed suit and I cringed as the burning heat went down my throat.

"One down and 3 more to go Ms. Riley" Shaw said with a devilish grin on his face.

5 shots and 2 beers later....

You could find Riley Piska on the dance floor tearing it up to Five Hours with her newest besties: Andrew Shaw and Patrick Kane.

I couldn't stop laughing. Giggles were just nonstop escaping my lips as I booty bumped with Shawzy. The liquid confidence that the boys kept on serving me was really working. I felt great. Sure things were a little spinny and it was getting really hot but I was grinning from ear to ear.

I looked around for a certain hockey player I had a crush on, only to find him at the bar getting another round of shots. I escaped from Patrick Kane's grip on my arm and left him to dance alone with Shaw, heading towards Brandon.

"Where are you going twerk buddddyyy" I heard Kane whine but decided to ignore him and continue my pursuit of Brandon Saad.

"Hi" I giggled as I stumbled into his arms

He effortlessly settled me by wraping his strong arm around my waist. I looked up at him and gave him a loving grin

"What's up with that goofy grin of yours?" He chuckled as I burrowed my head into his chest

"ees nut ....goofy" I mumbled into his shirt giggling some more

I gripped onto the front of his shirt tightly as I looked him straight in the eyes and hiccupped

"whoa I think its about time to get you home" He said wiping a piece of hair from my face

"When are you going to ask me to be your girlfriend" I blurted out without hesitation

He looked taken aback for a second and I suddenly cursed the alcohol for giving me unnecessary boldness

"I'm sorry I'm just drunk. Lets go home" I looked down swiftly trying to make everything stand still

Before I could even focus my vision he was gently pulling me towards the back of the bar where it was more secluded and less crowded. He had a blank look on his face and my stomach flopped. Did I screw everything up? I swallowed hard and prayed that the alcohol would stay down.

Toews' POV

Low key I was watching them all night. I hate to admit it but I've grown fiercely overprotective over our athletic training intern. Riley was like a little sister and Saader was like a little brother. Seeing them together made me happy. I watched as her alcohol level rose probably way beyond where it should have been. I shook my head and laughed as she indulged in the stupid dancing of my two idiot teammates. A little heartstring got tugged as I looked over at Brandon who was at the bar with Seabs. He was looking at her dancing with a lopsided smile on his face. He looked like an absolute fool, but I'd recognize that look anywhere. It was love.

Riley stumbled her way through the dance floor teetering in her heels. Maybe those were a bad choice...

She looked up at him with so much happiness I couldn't help but smile myself

"What are you smiling at Captain Serious?" Sharp emerged behind me with a drink in hand.

I causally cleared my throat and looked away from the young couple. Raising the glass to my lips and allowing the coolness of the drink to enter my mouth I tried my best to act normal

"My drink"

He gave me a look and turned towards Riley and Saader.

"They look awfully close tonight, don't they?" He said raising an eyebrow and glaring into me eyes.

Its like he meant to set them on fire, I swear.

"Spill it Toes"

I sighed and shrugged my shoulders.

"Oh come on everyone knows you've basically declared yourself the team adopted father of Riles. What's going on between the two?"

"I don't think it's my place to tell Sharpie"

"Well they're adorable. They just need to watch out for management"

I swallowed hard and looked back to see Brandon and Riles but they were already gone. He was right. If Riley wanted to keep her internship they were gonna have to keep their relationship under wraps.

"shit" I muttered under my breath