Chapter 2: The New Beginning

* Thanks for those who have voted *

// Two weeks have pasted //

Today was the day of a new beginning, a day of hope and smiles. It was the day that we would find out how long my father will be in jail for. My mother and I were in the front row of the court room. So far the judge has been reading off what he is guilty of and telling him her very own personal opinion to what he should have done. Finally the judge got to the good part. " I have decided to have Eric Harris is county jail for one year and he will have to go through anger management, AA meetings, and will be on probation for six months." She said as she was reading off her notes. I could feel the relief of knowing that we will be safe for a long time. My mother turned to me and smiled. "Case dismissed you may all go home." the judge said and sending my mother and I a smile.

During the whole two weeks my mother and I were packing everything we owned up so we can move and finally have a new start at life. We gave one of my father's family members his stuff so we can no longer have to worry about him. Also during the whole two weeks my mother has been looking up houses all over the United States. She has been looking everywhere in almost every state in the United States. My mother has also been looking for a job that she can go to so that's another thing that may be a problem. "Zoe come downstairs." I heard my mother holler in an excited tone. When I got downstairs I could tell that my mother was really excited. "Zoe I just found a job and I think I might have found the perfect house for us too!" my mother exclaimed. I looked up at her with the biggest smile I can make and said "Where will we be living I need to know!" I screamed.  "We will be moving to New Orleans, Louisiana." my mother exclaimed to me with a bright smile. I have always wanted to go to New Orleans cause of all the cool history, the paranormal activity, and just because its simply a beautiful city.  I hugged my mother and thanked her over and over again. "We will be moving tomorrow morning and we will be flying there. So our stuff will just be shipped to us." she stated. Dang my mother is fast.

// The next day after the flight //

The airplane ride from my small little town in Michigan to the big city of New Orleans was normal. My mother and I were in a cab  going to our brand new house. Soon enough the cab stopped. I jumped out of the car and looked at my new home. The house looked like an old plantation house, but not as big as most are. We walked into the house and it was just as perfect as I expected. I called dibs on which room would be my bedroom and then there was a knock on the door. I looked at my mother and she gave a jerk of her head almost saying go ahead. I went up to the big brown door and opened it to see a girl that looked to be my age or younger. "Hey I noticed that you took over this house and I just wanted to welcome you to the neighborhood." the girl said with a big smile. " Hey I'm Zoe Smith and you are?" The girl had long brown hair and had dark brown eyes. " Oh my name is Sarah Peters. Nice to meet you Zoe." she said with a slight southern accent.  Soon enough my mother walked up behind me to see who is was and to say hello. "Are you going to be going to New Orleans High School?" Sarah asked. I honestly didn't know so I looked at my mother to have her answer. " Zoe will most likely be going there I just have to meet with the  principal at the school so they will accept her." my mother answered. "Well if you need any help with getting around the high school or whatever just come knocking at the door or you can text me" she said handing me her phone so we can exchange numbers. Soon enough Sarah said goodbye to my mother and I and was off back to her house. Later on our stuff got sent to us and we began unpacking and by the time we were finished it was 1:00 A.M. "I think you should go to bed Zoe because we are going to try and meet the principal of the high school so we can get you in as soon as possible." she said in a stern voice. I looked at her and laugh then replied " Tomorrow is Saturday remember?" My  mother just looked at me with a face that just said whatever. "Good Night" I called out to my mother. She replied with a "Good Night" too and off we both went to sleep in our new rooms in our new house.

// Sorry if this chapter isn't as good. The third chapter should be much better. Please continue voting and telling your friends about this book. //