30. Prince Selim

-Mother, what are you doing here? - I exclaimed because my mother burst into my room, a concubine was coming out of it.

-Excuse me son, I brought the royal tailor, he has already finished your suit.

-I am the Sultan of the world, you can't come in like that, you have to announce yourself like everyone else. - He was very upset, not even being the Sultan of the world can bring peace.

-Son, excuse me....

-Your Majesty Mother, YOUR MAJESTY - I emphasized raising my voice angrily

-Don't treat me like that! I'm your mother- sobbing-

-I'm not interested in your tears, no woman is going to manipulate me, if you have nothing else to say... Go away! I don't need you anymore, my Father passed away and that was the only reason why he lived with me, your duty will be in the harem, and only in the harem go talk to Aunt Halime about the transition.

-Your sister is pregnant, I want to stay with her.- he said lowering his head.

- Very well - my stupid brother-in-law at least knows how to get pregnant, I said to myself - go with your daughter, you're more useful there, I don't want her getting involved in men's issues, much less the empire. In fact, as protocol dictates, you have to wait for the time of mourning for the wedding, I need you to prepare that, these are women's issues. Now go out.

My mother came out and I finished putting on my suit with the help of the servants and suddenly she came in...

-Your Majesty- bowing- I told you that this glorious day would come, it's a pity that it was due to the wrong circumstances. -My great friend and mentor, the only one who has believed in me.

-You have a lot to do with this. I replied. - What do you suggest I do next?

-The profits we make from opium are large, but it is no longer safe to store the accounts in my bedroom, there is a lot of security, I would like to ask for permission to bring my wife, remember that she stayed in the province with my daughters.

-Of course you can bring them, besides I know that your son died too, I'm very sorry. - Poor man, he is very faithful and intelligent, and he only has daughters and his only heir died at the hands of bandits.

-You're welcome, Your Majesty, you have to gain the trust of the Janissaries, but they have a perception that you are weak, you cannot show any kind of weakness with anyone, Your Majesty, you are the youngest of the late Sultan's sons, but that does not mean you have to be underestimated.

-You're right, what do you suggest? - I asked curiously.

-Behead the guards who were guarding your father at the coronation. Let the people know of your revenge.

His idea sounded attractive to me and when the time came for the coronation and swearing-in, everyone was gathered.

In the courtyard a throne awaited me, many soldiers were standing waiting for my presence and my consent to raise their faces, after following the great protocol I proclaimed my voice saying:

"Justice will be done today. My father died. He was in agony, but no doctor came to his aid. The guards did not hear my mother scream for help. That is why they will die today. My father died of his illness, but the guards left him alone on his deathbed."

After beheading the guards the janissaries began to get upset and I raised my voice to impose my authority.

"Anyone who is dissatisfied should get in line, because they will end up the same."