3.

‟We can talk about it..‟ began the man in the brown jacket.

‟We're done talking,‟ Simon interrupted him.‟ Time to listen,‟ he ordered.

The Saviors went to them for weapons. They took them all away. Simon walked up to the boy and disarmed him himself. ‟That's yours, right?" He waved the gun he took from him in front of his face." Yeah, it's yours.'' He tapped the bottom of his hat and dropped the weapon on the ground in front of him.

‟Okay. Let's get her down and get all on your knees. Lots to cover."

They put the woman on the ground and helped her to her knees. The Saviors moved the first captured man to a row next to the others.

‟Let's get the other one. Dwight?'' smirked Simon.

‟Yeah?‟ Dwight stepped out.

‟Chop-chop.‟

Dwight walked over to the van where he was standing with my father earlier and opened it.

‟Come on. You got people to meet," he addressed the people inside. They pulled out a bleeding man in a vest with disheveled hair, a black woman with dreadlocks, a beautiful Hispanic woman, and an Asian man. He became very agitated, and when he saw the sick woman, he tried to reach her, calling her Maggie. But he didn't come even a millimeter closer to her, Saviors held him back.

‟All right! We got a full boat. Let's meet the man," said Simon, knocking on the RV door.

My dad came out the door. Ha. That's my dad, he's in charge of you now.. A black leather jacket, a red scarf around his neck, and a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire.
Impressive character.

Damn, I was always so proud of my dad. I never realized it though.
He was always my hero, my idol. So much respect and the authority he was. I couldn't be more proud. Of course, I always loved my mom, but dad was dad. Yep, they always said I'm daddy's girl. Now I'm getting on his nerves maybe a bit. He's still the coolest dad on Earth though.
I blinked and switched back to reality.

‟Pissing our pants yet?‟ my dad smiled. ‟Boy, do I have a feeling we're getting close. Yep. It's gonna be pee-pee pants city here real soon. Which one of you pricks is the leader?'

‟It's this one,‟ Simon pointed at the man in the brown jacket. ‟He's the guy.‟

Dad walked up to him and smiled. ‟Hi. You're Rick, right? I'm Negan. And I don't appreciate you killing my men. Also, when I sent my people to kill your people for killing my people,... you killed more of my people. Not cool. Not cool. You have no idea how not cool that shit is. But, I think you're gonna be up to speed shortly. Yeah.

You are so gonna regret crossing me in a few minutes. Yes, you are. You see Rick, whatever you do, no matter what, you don't mess with the new world order. And the new world order is this, and it's really very simple. So, even if you're stupid, which you very may well be, you can understand it. You ready? Here it goes, pay attention.‟

He aimed the bat at Rick's head.

‟Give me your shit, or I will kill you. Today was career day. We invested a lot so you would know who I am and what I can do. You work for me now. You have shit, you give it to me. That's your job. Now, I know that is a mighty big nasty pill to swallow, but swallow it you most certainly will.

You ruled the roost. You built something. You thought you were safe. I get it. But the word is out. You are not safe. Not even close. In fact, you're pegged, more pegged if you don't do what I want. And what I want is half your shit. And if that's too much, you can make, find or steal more, and it'll even out sooner or later.‟

I wondered if the whole thing was going off the top of his head or if he had rehearsed and written it down beforehand. It's not the first time he's done it, that'll be the reason.

‟This is your way of life now. The more you fight back, the harder it will be. So, if someone knocks on your door... you let us in. We own that door. You try to stop us and we will kick it down. You understand?" he asked Ricka.

No reaction. Dad leaned over and put a hand to his ear.

‟What? You don't answer?‟ He straightened up and started walking on the lit patch in front of the lineup. ‟You don't really think that you were gonna get through this without being punished now, did you? I don't want to kill you, people. I just want to make that clear from the get-go. I want you to work for me. You can't do that if you're dead now, can you?
I'm not growing a garden. But you killed my people. A whole damn lot of them. More than I'm comfortable with. And for that, for that you're gonna pay. So now, I'm gonna beat the holy hell of one of you."
"This," he crouched down and grasped his bat in both hands, 'this is Lucille. And she's awesome. All this, all this is just so we can pick out which one of you gets the honor."

He walked up to the redhead, he had a mustache as red as his hair. Dad blurted out something about having to shave it off. I think stubble suited him better, and I've already told him so.

He walked over to the boy with the hat.
‟You got one of our guns.,‟ he crouched down. ‟Oh, hell, you got a lot of our guns.‟

The boy glared back at him with no intention of looking away or down. He was pissed off as hell, but he was holding back.

It wasn't until now that I took a good look at him and discovered that he was hiding an eye patch under his brown hair. He must've lost in the apocalypse. Shame. I could get lost in those eyes, though I couldn't see them more closely.

‟Shit, kid, lighten up. At least cry a little,‟ dad scoffed. "You remind me of my daughter."

I straightened up, my eyes widening at mentioning me.

"You have the same stubborn look," my father said, standing up again and tucking the confiscated gun into his belt. 

He went further, until he reached the sick woman. Her hair was cut short and she was all pale, she must be in a very bad condition.

‟Jesus, you look shitty,‟ my father confirmed my thoughts. ‟I should just put you out of your misery right now,‟ dad raised his bat.

‟No! Maggie! No! No!'' the Asian burst out of the line, Dwight pinned him to the ground and pointed the crossbow at him.

‟No! Glenn! ‟ shrieked the woman. ‟Stop it!‟

"No. Put him back in the line," my father ordered, annoyed.
Everyone looked so terrified. I almost felt sorry for those people.

Glenn Dwight pulled back to the edge of the line.

My father sighed. ‟All right, listen. Don't any of you do that again. I will shut that shit down. No exceptions. First one's free. It's an emotional moment.

I get it," he grinned at the Asian.

‟Sucks, don't it? The moment you realize you don't know shit," he spoke to Rick again.
Then he looked at the boy and smiled. He pointed at him with the bat. ‟This is your kid, right? This is definitely your kid-"

‟Stop it!‟ Rick couldn't stand it anymore.

Hey!‟ my dad cut him off. ‟Do not make me kill the little future serial killer here. Don't make it easy on me. I gotta pick somebody. Everybody's at the table waiting for me to order..‟

He whistled his tune.

‟I just can't decide.... I got an idea!' he said triumphantly.

He pointed Lucille at Rick.
"Eenie, meenie, miney, mo...." he continued till pointing at on of them.

‟Anybody moves, anybody says anything, cut the boy's other eye out and feed it to his father, and then we'll start. You can breathe, you can blink, you can cry. Hell, you're all gonna be doing that."

I was sure that I was not breathing from the tension. All this is not respect, but fear.

He swung his bat and hit the chosen person directly in the head.

How do you like it so far? Click on like, it costs you nothing and it'll put a smile on my face!