𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗢𝗻𝗲: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗚𝗶𝗹𝗱𝗲𝗱 𝗖𝗮𝗴𝗲

The day started like every other for YN, with the sunlight streaming through the sheer curtains of her lavish bedroom. She blinked her eyes open, her gaze drifting across the space that exuded wealth and opulence—a room that, despite its luxury, felt like a prison. She sighed softly, her mind already formulating the tasks for the day ahead, her sharp intellect craving distraction.

She slid out of bed, the marble floor cool against her feet as she moved through the space with the elegance she had always been known for. She went about her morning routine, her movements calm and collected, betraying nothing of the growing unease within her.

Jungkook was already in the dining room by the time she made her way downstairs, his eyes flicking up to meet hers as she approached. He looked every bit the perfect husband—dressed impeccably in a tailored suit, his dark hair swept back, a smile that could melt anyone's defenses gracing his lips. To the world, he was charming, magnetic, and successful. To her, he was something more—a contradiction she couldn't quite unravel.

"Morning, darling," Jungkook said, his voice smooth as he set down the newspaper he had been reading. He stood up, walking over to press a lingering kiss to her forehead. She stiffened slightly, her instincts bristling at the warmth of his touch, but she smiled at him nonetheless.

"Good morning," she replied, her voice steady, not betraying any of her discomfort.

Jungkook led her to the table, pulling out her chair. It was his little gestures like these—his polite, attentive demeanor—that made YN question her own fears at times. She sometimes wondered if she was imagining the darkness that lurked beneath his smile. But then, she'd remember the moments when his façade cracked—the possessiveness in his eyes, the way his hands sometimes gripped her just a little too tightly, as if she might vanish if he didn't hold on.

As they sat down to eat, Jungkook spoke about his plans for the day—meetings, business deals, clients who needed charming. YN listened, her mind working behind her composed expression. She chose her words carefully, mindful of how easily his mood could shift, how his smile could turn into something far less gentle.

"What about you?" he asked eventually, his eyes fixing on her with a sharpness that belied his casual tone. "What are your plans for today?"

YN smiled, her charismatic nature shining through even in the tension of their daily interactions. "I was thinking of visiting the gallery. They have a new exhibit I've been wanting to see."

Jungkook's eyes narrowed just slightly, his smile remaining in place, though his gaze darkened. "The gallery?" he echoed, his voice still soft, but YN could sense the change in him.

"Yes," she replied, keeping her voice light and casual. "I thought it would be nice to get out for a bit."

He leaned back in his chair, regarding her in silence for a moment. The air between them seemed to thicken, and YN felt her heartbeat quicken, though her expression remained poised. She knew what was coming—he didn't like her going places without him, not without an entourage of security or his permission. But she refused to be caged without at least attempting to spread her wings.

Jungkook finally nodded, a small, unreadable smile playing on his lips. "Of course," he said. "But take Minjun with you. Just in case."

Minjun—Jungkook's right-hand man, and her ever-present shadow. YN knew better than to argue. "Of course," she agreed, her smile unwavering.

Jungkook reached across the table, taking her hand in his. He gave it a gentle squeeze, but his eyes locked onto hers with an intensity that made her stomach churn. "You know I only want you to be safe, right?" he said softly, his thumb brushing over her knuckles.