005.

THE GRAND halls of the Red Keep sparkled with a golden glow as the summer sun dipped low in the sky, casting a warm hue over the stone walls

THE GRAND halls of the Red Keep sparkled with a golden glow as the summer sun dipped low in the sky, casting a warm hue over the stone walls. The Targaryen Ball, an event of grandiosity that took place every summer, was just hours away. Eleanor could hardly contain her excitement as she flitted around her chamber, arranging the delicate silk and lace of her gown.

The sound of laughter and music wafted through the open window, mingling with the scent of blooming roses from the gardens below. Eleanor stood before her mirror, admiring the way the gown clung to her form, the rich crimson fabric adorned with intricate silver embroidery that mimicked the scales of a dragon. It was a perfect reflection of her heritage—a nod to both her Targaryen blood and her desire to stand out among the court.

Today was a day of celebration, a night when the nobles of Westeros would gather to pay homage to House Targaryen, to witness the regal beauty of their hosts. Eleanor's heart raced at the thought of it, her mind swirling with visions of twirling in the arms of handsome lords, of dancing under the twinkling chandeliers, and of laughter ringing through the halls. She longed for the moment when she could step onto the dance floor, free from the weight of expectations, if only for a night.

As she moved to the window, she could see courtiers and servants preparing the gardens for the evening festivities. Tables were being adorned with lavish feasts—roasted meats, ripe fruits, and sweet pastries. Golden goblets glinted in the sunlight, and the sound of musicians tuning their instruments reached her ears.

Eleanor's door swung open, and her handmaiden, Mira, hurried in with an armful of jewelry. "My lady, we must hurry! You'll be late!" Mira's eyes sparkled with excitement, her cheeks flushed from the anticipation that filled the air.

"I can't help it!" Eleanor laughed, clapping her hands together. "Can you feel it? Tonight is going to be magical!"

Mira smiled knowingly, her fingers sifting through the assortment of jewels. "The whole of King's Landing will be there to see you, my lady. You'll steal the spotlight as always."

Eleanor twirled, the fabric of her gown swirling around her like fire. "Oh, I hope so! Just imagine it—dancing with everyone, sharing smiles and laughter. I want to feel alive tonight!"

Mira picked a pair of delicate silver earrings shaped like dragons and fastened them into Eleanor's hair. "You will. Just remember to be gracious. The court will be watching, and whispers travel faster than dragons."

Eleanor nodded, but the excitement coursing through her veins was too strong to be dampened by caution. "I know, I know. But for once, I want to let go. I want to be a part of the celebration, not just the princess on display."

Mira stepped back, a proud smile gracing her lips as she admired Eleanor's reflection. "You are a princess, my lady, but you can also be a girl who wants to dance and laugh."